All the water supplied to your refrigerator is filtered through a filter cartridge, this helps remove unwanted impurities and is located behind the kickstrip grille. To maintain water quality we recommend replacing the filter cartridge every 6 months.
The unit will not dispense water or ice if the filter is not fitted.
- When the filter cartridge requires replacing, the filter changeicon will illuminate on the internal control panel and/or external display. The icon will flash as a reminder on the external display whenever water is dispensed.
- Replacement filter cartridges (part number: 81099) can be purchased online through www.fisherpaykel.com or www.dcsappliances.com, or by calling the Customer Care Center.
- To avoid serious illness or death, do not use the water filter where water is unsafe or of unknown quality.
- If the water filtration system has been allowed to freeze, replace the filter cartridge and flush the water system following the instructions on the previous page.
- The water filter cartridge needs to be changed when the filter change icon illuminates on the internal control panel and external display.
To Remove the Old Water Filter Cartridge
RS36A72 Models Only
Disengaging Filter Cartridge
RS36A80 and RS36W80 Models Only
- Remove the air flow divider by pulling towards you.
- Remove the top kick strip grille by inserting fingers into the left and right hand square openings on the grille. Pull towards you. The filter is located on the left-hand side.
- Pull freezer drawer slightly open in order to fit filter cartridge tool.
- Align the filter cartridge tool to the filter and turn 90° anti-clockwise to loosen, as shown above.
- Pull the filter cartridge tool and filter towards you to remove.
- When the filter is removed a few drops of water may be present. This is quite normal.
- Discard the old filter.
To Install New Filter Cartridge
Engaging Filter Cartridge
To Reset the Filter Change Icon
We recommend the water filter be used from the time of installation, and the change filter icon be reset only when a replacement is installed. Do not reset the change filter icon before the filter is changed or the filter monitoring will be inaccurate.
- To reset, press the and buttons for 4 seconds on the internal control panel.
- The filter icon on the internal control panel and/or external display will no longer illuminate.
To Disable the Filter Change Icon
If the change filter icon is disabled you will not be reminded of when to next change your filter cartridge. We only recommend disabling this function when no filter cartridge is fitted.
- To disable, press the , and buttons for 4 seconds.
- We recommend that you do not disable the filter change icon if you have a filter cartridge fitted to the connection.
- The rate of water flow through the water dispenser can slow down as the filter cartridge accumulates any sediment which may be present in the water supplied to your home. This varies depending upon your local water quality, which may require your filter cartridge to be changed more frequently.
- In cases of excessively reduced filter life we recommend that you consult a local plumber or your water supplier for advice on suitable filtration requirements for the water supplied to your home.
- Filter replacement is the consumer’s responsibility and will not be covered by the Manufacturer’s Warranty except in the case of faulty parts or materials within the filter cartridge.
- If the water has not been dispensed for some time or water has an unpleasant taste or odor, flush system by dispensing 4qt (4L) of water.
- If unpleasant taste or odor persists, you may wish to fit a new filter cartridge.