Unplug or disconnect the appliance from the power supply before servicing or cleaning.
- Never use abrasive or oil based cleaners.
- Wear gloves to protect against sharp edges.
The downdraft vent system should be cleaned regularly using a mild, liquid detergent and a clean soft cloth to avoid a build-up of grease occurring. Avoid the use of corrosive chemicals, abrasive cleaning products, hard brushes and steel wool pads. Grease deposits are corrosive which can cause damage to your downdraft vent system.
In areas of high humidity or coastal environments, cleaning should be carried out more frequently.
- Depending on use, and at least once a month, the aluminum grease filters should be removed and cleaned with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher. Please note that contact with other items in the dishwasher may cause surface scratching.
- If washed in a dishwasher, the filter should be placed in an upright position to prevent food from falling on them.
- After cleaning and drying, refit the filters.
Removing the Grease Filters:
Disconnect the power supply and lock out the service panel before cleaning or servicing. To clean, remove the cover and vacuum the blower and housing, being careful not
to damage the blower impeller. The motor is permanently lubricated, do not oil or disassemble.