Multiple Sequence Cooking
The oven can be programmed for up to 4 automatic cooking sequences for the microwave mode and 2 automatic cooking sequences with preheat for convection/mix mode, switching from one power level setting to another automatically.
Sometimes cooking directions tell you to start on one power level and then change to a different power level. Your oven can do this automatically.
- Suppose you want to cook roast beef for 5 minutes at 100% and then continue to cook for 30 minutes at 50%:
- First touch POWER LEVEL pad twice for 100% power. Then enter cooking time.
- Touch POWER LEVEL pad. Touch number pad 5 for 50% power. Then enter second cooking time.
- Touch START pad.
1. If Power Level pad is touched twice, HIGH will be displayed.
2. If you wish to know power level, simply touch the Power Level pad. As long as your finger is touching the Power Level pad, the power level will be displayed.
More or Less Time Adjustment
Should you discover that you like any of the SENSOR, SENSOR COOK, DEFROST, AUTO BROIL, AUTO ROAST or AUTO BAKE settings slightly more done, touch the POWER LEVEL pad once after touching your choice of pads.
Should you discover that you like any of the SENSOR, SENSOR COOK, DEFROST, AUTO BROIL, AUTO ROAST or AUTO BAKE settings slightly less done, touch the POWER LEVEL pad twice after touching your choice of pads.
EXTRA MINUTE allows you to cook for a minute at 100% by simply touching the EXTRA MINUTE pad. You can also extend cooking time in multiples of 1 minute by repeatedly touching the EXTRA MINUTE pad during manual cooking.
- Suppose you want to heat a cup of soup for one minute.
- Touch EXTRA MINUTE pad.
1. To use EXTRA MINUTE, touch pad within 1 minute after cooking, closing the door, touching the stop/clear pad or during cooking.
2. EXTRA MINUTE cannot be used with SENSOR, SENSOR COOK, DEFROST, AUTO BROIL, AUTO ROAST or AUTO BAKE.
- Touch EXTRA MINUTE pad.
HELP MENU provides 5 features which make using your microwave oven easy because specific instructions are provided in the interactive display.
1. Safety Lock
The Safety Lock prevents unwanted microwave oven operation such as by small children. The microwave oven can be set so that the control panel is deactivated or locked. To set, touch HELP MENU, the number 1 and START pads. Should a pad be touched, LOCK will appear in the display.
To cancel, touch HELP MENU and STOP/CLEAR pads.
2. Audible Signal Elimination
If you wish to have the microwave oven operate with no audible signals, touch HELP MENU, the number 2 and STOP/CLEAR pads.
To cancel and restore the audible signal, touch HELP MENU, the number 2 and START pads.
3. Auto Start
If you wish to program your microwave oven to begin cooking automatically at a designated time of day, follow this procedure:
- Suppose you want to start cooking a stew on 50% for 20 minutes at 4:30. Before setting, check to make sure the clock is showing the correct time of day.
- Touch HELP MENU pad.
- Touch number 3 to select the Auto Start.
- To enter the start time at 4:30, touch numbers 4, 3 and 0.
- Touch CLOCK pad.
- To enter cooking program, touch POWER LEVEL, number 5 and then touch numbers 2, 0, 0, and 0 for cooking time.
- Touch START pad. The chosen Auto Start time will appear in the display.
Auto Start can be used for manual cooking, AUTO BROIL, AUTO ROAST, AUTO BAKE, if clock is set.
If the microwave oven door is opened after programming auto start, it is necessary to touch the START pad for auto start time to appear in the readout so that the microwave oven will automatically begin programmed cooking at the chosen auto start time.
Be sure to choose foods that can be left in the microwave oven safely until the auto start time. acorn or butternut squash are often a good choice.
If you wish to know the time of day, simply touch the CLOCK pad. as long as your finger is touching the CLOCK pad, the time of day will be displayed.
4. Language Selection
The microwave oven comes set for English. To change, touch HELP MENU and the number 4 pads. Continue to touch the number 4 pad until your choice is selected. Then, touch START pad.
Touch number 4 once for English.
Touch number 4 twice for Spanish.
Touch number 4 three times for French.
5. Weight and Temperature Selections
The microwave oven comes set for U.S. Customary Unit-pounds. To change, touch HELP MENU and the number 5. Continue to touch the number 5 until your choice is selected. Then, touch START pad.
Touch number 5 once for LB /°F.
Touch number 5 twice for KG /°C.
- Suppose you want to time a 3 minute long distance phone call.
- Touch KITCHEN TIMER pad.
- Enter time by touching the number pads 3 0 0 .
- Touch START pad.
START allows you to cook at 100% power by touching the START pad continuously. START is ideal for melting cheese, bringing milk to just below boiling etc.
The maximum cooking time is 3 minutes.
- Suppose you want to melt cheese on a piece of toast:
- Continuously touch the START pad. The cooking time will begin counting up.
- When the cheese is melted to desired degree, remove finger from START pad. Microwave oven stops immediately.
- Note time it takes for frequently used foods and program that time in the future.
To use START, touch pad within 1 minute after cooking, opening and closing the door or touching the STOP/clear pad.
START can only be used 3 times in a row. If more times are needed, open and close door or touch STOP/clear.
Help (Display Indicator)
Each setting of DEFROST, AUTO BROIL, AUTO ROAST, AUTO BAKE, SENSOR COOK and SENSOR has a cooking hint. If you wish to check, touch HELP MENU pad whenever HELP is lighted in the Interactive Display for these hints.
To demonstrate, touch CLOCK, the number 0 and then touch START pad and hold for 3 seconds. DEMO ON will appear in the display. Cooking operations and specific special features can now be demonstrated with no power in the microwave oven. For example, touch EXTRA MINUTE pad and the display will show 1.00 and count down quickly to END.
To cancel, touch CLOCK, then the number 0 and STOP/CLEAR pads. If easier, unplug the microwave oven from the electrical outlet and replug.