Fisher & Paykel undertakes to:
Repair or, at its option, replace without cost to the owner either for material or labour any part of the product, the serial number of which appears on the product, which is found to be defective within TWO YEARS of the date of purchase.
If your product qualifies, you also receive an additional EIGHT YEAR parts only Manufacturer’s Warranty on your Direct Drive motor. This additional 8-year Manufacturer’s Warranty commences on the day following the expiry of the 2-year Manufacturer’s Warranty and excludes the motor controller and labour. Fisher & Paykel will repair (as to parts) or, at its option, replace any Direct Drive motor (but not the motor controller) which is found to be defective within this additional Manufacturer’s Warranty period. You will be responsible for any labour costs.
To see if your product qualifies for this additional Manufacturer’s Warranty, refer to our website: www.fisherpaykel.com/smartdrive
These Manufacturer’s Warranties are an extra benefit and do not affect your legal rights.
These Manufacturer’s Warranties DO NOT cover
- Service calls which are not related to any defect in the product. The cost of a service call will be charged if the problem is not found to be a product fault. For example:
- Correcting the installation, eg removal of bottom packer and transit bolts (front loading washers), levelling the machine, adjustment of the drain to correct siphoning, noises, crossed, kinked or leaking inlet hose connections, turning on water, noises caused by the waterhammer or power supplies.
- Providing instruction on use of the product or changing the set-up of the product, eg instruction on correct use of detergents and fabric softeners.
- Replacing fuses in, or correcting house wiring or correcting house plumbing, eg unblocking drains.
- Correcting fault(s) caused by the user.
- Noise or vibration that is considered normal, eg spin sounds, user warning beeps.
- Correcting damage caused by pests, eg rats, cockroaches, etc.
- Water on the floor due to incorrect loading or excessive suds.
- Blocked pumps, removal of foreign objects/substances from the machine, including the pump and inlet hose filters, eg bra wires, bread tags, nails, grit, scrud, etc.
- Correcting corrosion or discolouration due to chemical attack.
- Defects caused by factors other than:
- Normal domestic use; or
- Use in accordance with the product’s user guide.
- Defects to the product caused by accident, neglect, misuse or ‘act of God’.
- The cost of repairs carried out by non-authorised repairers or the cost of correcting such unauthorised repairs.
- Normal recommended maintenance as set out in the product’s user guide.
- Repairs when the appliance has been dismantled, repaired or serviced by other than a Fisher & Paykel Authorised Repairer or the selling dealer.
- Pick-up and delivery.
- Transportation or travelling costs involved in the repair when the product is installed outside the Fisher & Paykel Authorised Repairer’s normal service area.
This product has been designed for use in a normal domestic (residential) environment. This product is not designed for commercial use (whatsoever). Any commercial use by a customer will affect this product’s Manufacturer’s Warranty.
Service under these Manufacturer’s Warranties must be provided by a Fisher & Paykel Authorised Repairer (refer to the ‘Customer Care’ section at the back of this book). Such service shall be provided during normal business hours. This Manufacturer’s Warranty certificate should be shown when making any claim.
For Australian customers
This Manufacturer’s Warranty is an extra benefit and does not affect your legal rights.Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.