When a continuous series of beeps is sounded, all the lights turn off on the control panel and a number appears on the display, a fault has occurred. The dryer will automatically enter this mode if a fault occurs. The fault code will be displayed as followed by a number on the digital display. To stop the beeps, touch any button then perform the following steps:
- Turn your machine off at the power point.
- Wait one minute and turn it back on.
- Check your machine is installed correctly (refer to the ‘Installation instructions’ section).
- Remove your dryer load and retry.
- Perform a ‘Time Dry’ cycle, eg Time Dry 30.
- If the fault re-occurs repeat steps 1 and 2.
- If the machine still will not work you will be required to call a Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician to arrange service (refer to the ‘Customer Care’ section). Record the fault code number displayed and the serial number of your dryer (located on the rear of the machine, or on the inside of the door below the glass) before calling. The fault code will indicate to the service technician what the problem could potentially be.
If a fault code is being displayed, you can still turn your dryer off by pressing .