ActiveSmart™ Special Features
Manual Ice System (selected models only)
An ice storage bin which sits inside the upper top freezer bin provides storage for
and gives you access to clean, clear ice cubes.
|Upper left freezer bin, ice storage bin, ice tray,
lid and scoop in correct position
|Accessing your ice|
Information About Your Manual Ice System
- To make ice, take the ice tray and lid from the top of the ice storage bin. Remove the lid from the ice tray and fill the tray with water. Place the lid back on the ice tray and carefully position it back onto the ice storage bin.
- Once the ice is solid, take the ice tray and lid off the ice storage bin, remove the lid from the tray and twist the ice tray at each end in opposite directions. Turn the ice tray over the ice storage bin to dislodge the cubes into the bin.
- Fill the ice tray with clean water and repeat to fill the ice storage bin.
- Attached to the ice storage bin is the ice scoop which provides hygienic access to ice.
- To access ice cubes, take the ice tray and lid from the top of the ice storage bin and place onto a flat surface. Take the scoop from the front of the bin, scoop cubes into vessel and then replace the scoop, tray and lid back to the top of the bin.
- For maximum ice storage, level the stored cubes around the bin with the ice scoop.
- If ice is not used often, old cubes will become cloudy, taste stale, will shrink and may stick together. Empty the ice storage bin periodically and wash in lukewarm water. Dry thoroughly and place back in the correct position.
Fruit And Vegetable Bins And Humidity Control Lid
The fruit and vegetable bins feature a unique lid which provides two functions:
- The humidity lid seals the bins and provides a humid microclimate to extend storage times of fruit and vegetables.
- The humidity lid prevents condensation, which forms at high humidities, from dripping down onto the fruit and vegetables by retaining it in the grooves of the lid.
Fruit And Vegetable Bins And Humidity Slide (selected models only)
- Each fruit and vegetable bin has a humidity slide control that can be adjusted to a fruit or vegetable setting depending on what is stored in the bins.
- If possible try to store fruit and vegetables separately. This will help extend their storage life.
- If there is a mixture of fruit and vegetables in the bin adjust the position of the control to the centre.
- If there is too much water in the bins (due to the high humidity in the bins), the control can be adjusted towards the setting with fewer drips (fruit setting) and/or the water can be wiped out as required.
- Remember a minimum amount of water in the bins is beneficial for fruit and vegetable storage.
|Humidity control graphic|
Vegetable Bin Divider Instructions (where fitted)
To fit the divider, insert divider into bin on an angle, straighten and slot into place. To adjust the divider, fully extend the bin, partially lift the divider, slide sideways and re-slot into position.
Bottle Holder (where fitted)
- The bottle holders can be used to store a variety of bottles.
- To position the bottle holder in your refrigerator, simply slot the back edge of the bottle holder onto the back trim of any shelf in the fresh food compartment.
- If you are not using all or some of the bottle holders, the unused bottle holders can be stacked up on top of one another so they do not take up unnecessary shelf space.
- Bottles are best stored with the neck of the beverage facing the front of the refrigerator.
- Glass shelves can be repositioned in the cabinet as desired.
- Remove shelves by lifting up the back of the shelf and then pulling the shelf forward.