Exterior (all models)
Stainless exterior doors
Other exterior surfaces (all models)
- Clean all other exterior surfaces with a mix of warm water and liquid dishwashing detergent, and a soft cloth.
- If necessary, clean the magnetic door gasket and the centre door gaskets with an old toothbrush, warm water and liquid dishwashing detergent.
Water evaporator tray (all models)
- The water evaporator tray is found above the compressor at the back of the refrigerator. The tray may require infrequent cleaning.
- Carefully move the refrigerator out from the wall.
- Switch off the appliance.
- We do not recommend that you remove the evaporator tray. If cleaning is required, excess water can be soaked up from the evaporator tray using a sponge. Wipe out with warm water and liquid dishwashing detergent or disinfectant.
- Switch on and replace the appliance.
Water dispenser pad and interface (Ice & Water models only)
- We have incorporated a Dispenser and KEY LOCK function in your refrigerator to make cleaning easier (refer to page 28). This will help you to avoid accidental water dispensing while you clean.
- Clean the pad and interface panel with a microfibre cloth and a mixture of warm water and liquid dishwashing detergent.
Drip tray (Ice & Water models only)
Fig. 30 Cleaning the drip tray
Interior (all models)
- It is important to keep the interior of the refrigerator and freezer clean to help prevent food from becoming contaminated during storage.
- The amount and types of food stored determines how often cleaning should be carried out in the refrigerator (ideally once every 1 to 2 weeks).
- Remove the shelves from cabinet and door. Wash shelves and storage bins in warm water and detergent; rinse in clean water and dry before replacing.
- Wipe over the interior surfaces with warm water and liquid dishwashing detergent. Alternatively you can use 1 tsp baking soda dissolved in 500 ml (1/2 qt) of warm water. Rinse with clean water.
- To help remove “old stale refrigerator” smells add a few drops of vanilla essence or vinegar to the water before cleaning.
- Clean interior surfaces with warm water and liquid dishwashing detergent. Use a toothbrush for the magnetic door gasket.
- Do not use harsh, abrasive cloths on any part of the refrigerator or freezer
Glass shelves (all models)
- Clean with warm water and detergent or a glass cleaner.
Bottle holder (where fitted)
- Clean with warm water and detergent.
- The use of abrasive cleaners and solvents may cause damage.
Automatic ice dispenser (Ice & Water models only)
- We do not recommend you clean the ice maker componentry, but it is important to clean the bins occasionally.
- The storage bin should be cleaned regularly and the old ice in the bottom of the bin discarded.
- Wash bin in lukewarm water. Dry thoroughly and replace.
- When replacing the bin ensure that the scoop is on the right hand side or at the front of the bin (model dependent, refer to page 31).
Many commercially available cleaning products contain solvents that may attack the plastic components of your refrigerator and cause them to crack. It is important to use only warm water and a small amount of liquid dishwashing detergent on any components inside and outside your refrigerator. Avoid using anti-bacterial cleaning products on either the interior or exterior of the cabinet as they may cause rusting of metal components and cracking of plastic components.
Humidity Control System
When cleaning the shelf above the vegetable bins, we recommend that you do not disassemble the Humidity Control System from the shelf.
In the event that the humidity control lid (plastic lid) and humidity slides become separated from the glass shelf, follow these instructions to reassemble.
Fig. 31 Humidity Control System cleaning
To remove produce bins or upper freezer bins
Fig. 32 Tray removal
To remove trays
- For ease of removal, empty food from tray/remove the bins from the tray first.
- Hold the centre front of the tray handle.
- Lift vertically to unclip from the runners and pull tray towards you to remove.
- Push both runners back into refrigerator.
To replace trays
- With the runners pushed back into the refrigerator, place the tray on top of the runners. Push the tray back slowly until you feel it clip back onto the runners.
- Ensure that trays are securely clipped onto the runners before use.
- Tray runners are pre-lubricated, and will not need to be re-lubricated during their life. Do not attempt to clean grease from the runners, as this will affect their ability to function. Do not immerse runners in water.
Permanently fixed bins and trays (Freezer drawer models only)
The freezer bins and trays in this model are permanently fixed. They cannot be removed from the freezer compartment. To clean simply wipe with a soft, damp cloth.
- Turn the ice maker to OFF on the internal control panel (refer to 'Using your ice maker (Ice & Water models only)').
- Shut off the water supply to the refrigerator.
- On your return, turn on the water supply to the refrigerator.
- Dispense 10 litres (10 qt) of water and discard to ensure the water tank is refilled with fresh water.
- Turn on the ice maker (refer to 'Using your ice maker (Ice & Water models only)').
- Discard the first 3 harvests of ice (8 ice cubes are produced per harvest).