Electrical Shock Hazard
Hot Surface Hazard
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- Never leave the appliance unattended when in use. Boilover causes smoking and greasy spillovers that may ignite.
- Never use your appliance as a work or storage surface.
- Never leave any objects or utensils on the appliance.
- Do not place or leave any magnetisable objects (eg credit cards, memory cards) or electronic devices (eg computers, MP3 players) near the appliance, as they may be affected by its electromagnetic field.
- We recommend using plastic or wooden kitchen utensils for cooking with your induction cooktop.
- Never use your appliance for warming or heating the room.
- After use, always turn off the cooking zones and the cooktop as described in this manual (ie by using the touch controls). Do not rely on the pan detection feature to turn off the cooking zones when you remove the pans.
- Do not allow children to play with the appliance or sit, stand, or climb on it.
- Do not store items of interest to children in cabinets above the appliance. Children climbing on the cooktop could be seriously injured.
- Do not leave children alone or unattended in the area where the appliance is in use.
- Children of less than 8 years old must be kept away from the appliance unless continuously supervised. This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above, and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge, if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and they understand the hazards involved. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be done by children without supervision.
- Do not repair or replace any partof the appliance unless specifically recommended in the manual. All other servicing should be done by a qualified technician.
- Do not use a steam cleaner to clean your cooktop.
- Do not place or drop heavy objects on your cooktop.
Do not stand on your cooktop.
The cooking processhas to be supervised. A short term cooking process has to be supervised continuously.
- Do not use pans with jagged edges or drag pans across the ceramic glass surface as this can scratch the glass.
- Do not use scourers or any other harsh/abrasive cleaning agents to clean your cooktop, as these can scratch the ceramic glass.
- If the power supply cable is damaged, it must only be replaced by a qualified technician.
- Do not operate your cooktop by means of an external timer or separate remote-control system.