Safety and warnings
|Hot Surface Hazard
This appliance becomes hot during use.
Do not touch the cooktop components, burners, pan supports or the stainless steel surfaces when hot.
Before cleaning, turn the burners off and make sure the whole cooktop is cool.
Failure to follow this advice may result in serious injury.
Electrical Shock Hazard
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- Keep children away from the cooktop when it is in use.
- Household appliances are not intended to be played with by children.
- Children of less than 8 years old must be kept away from the appliance unless continuously supervised. This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above, and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge, if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and they understand the hazards involved. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be done by children without supervision.
- If the electrical supply cord is damaged, it must only be replaced by an authorised person.
- If the appliance is connected to the gas supply with a flexible hose, make sure that the hose cannot come in contact with the bottom of the appliance or any sharp edges.
- Ensure that the electrical connection plug is accessible after installation.
- This appliance should be connected to a circuit that incorporates an isolating switch providing full disconnection from the electricity supply.
- Do not use an asbestos mat or decorative covers between the flame and the saucepan as this may cause serious damage to your cooktop.
- Do not place aluminium foil or plastic dishes on the cooktop burners.
- Do not let large saucepans, frying pans or woks push any other pans aside. This could make them unstable or deflect heat onto your benchtop and damage the surface.
- Do not use a steam cleaner for cleaning this cooktop.
- Saucepan handles may be hot to touch. Ensure saucepan handles do not overhang other gas burners that are on. Keep handles out of reach of children.
- Do not stand or place heavy objects on this appliance.
- After use, ensure that the control dials are in the ‘OFF’ (o) position.
- Where this appliance is installed in marine craft or in caravans, it shall not be used as a space heater.
- The use of inappropriate hob guards can cause accidents.
- The use of a gas cooking appliance results in the production of heat and moisture in the room in which it is installed. Ensure the kitchen is well ventilated. Keep natural ventilation holes open or install a mechanical ventilation device (mechanical extractor hood). Prolonged intensive use of the appliance may call for additional ventilation, for example opening of a window, or more effective ventilation, for example increasing the level of mechanical ventilation where present.
- After having unpacked the appliance, check to ensure that it is not damaged. In case of doubt, do not use it and consult your supplier or a professionally qualified technician.
- Packing elements (eg plastic bags, polystyrene foam, nails, packing straps, etc.) should not be left around within easy reach of children, as these may cause serious injuries.
- Do not modify this appliance.
- This appliance is to be serviced only by an authorised person.
- Some products are supplied with protective film on steel and aluminium parts. This film must be removed before using the appliance.