Safety and Warnings
Electrical shock hazard
Important Safety Instructions
- Particular attention shall be given to the relevant requirements regarding ventilation.
- Read these instructions carefully before installing this product.
- Please make this information available to the person installing the appliance as it could reduce your installation costs.
- This appliance is to be installed and serviced only by an authorised person.
- Installation must comply with your local building and local gas authority codes and electricity regulations.
- Incorrect installation, for which the manufacturer accepts no responsibility, may cause personal injury or damage and could invalidate any warranty or liability claims.
- These appliances are registered in: (New Zealand) at www.energysafety.govt.nz and (Australia) with SAI Global at www.saiglobal.com.
- Appliances are factory set for Natural gas but are convertible to ULPG. If in doubt, refer to the local gas network operator or gas supplier to confirm gas type at installation site.
- Do not modify this appliance.
- Do not use or store flammable materials on or near this appliance.
- Do not spray aerosols in the vicinity of this appliance while it is in operation.
- Packing elements (eg plastic bags, polystyrene foam, staples, packing straps etc) and tools should not be left around during and after installation, especially if they are within easy reach of children, as these may cause serious injuries.
- You must remove the transit screws before installing the cooktop. See 'Remove the Two Transit Screws'.
Before you Install the Appliance, Please Make Sure That
- the local distribution conditions (nature of gas and pressure) and the adjustment of the appliance are compatible. For adjustment conditions for this appliance see ‘Gas rate summary’.
- a suitable disconnection switch is incorporated in the permanent wiring, mounted and positioned to comply with the local wiring rules and regulations. A means of disconnection with at least a 3 mm air gap contact separation in all poles must be incorporated into the fixed wiring in accordance with the wiring rules, unless the local wiring rules allow for alternative means.
- the appliance is connected to a 220V - 240V 50Hz (10 A) power supply only and earthed via the power supply cable.
- there is a power outlet within reach of the power supply cable (900 mm from the centre rear of the product). This must be accessible after installation. The power supply cable should not touch any metal parts.
- if the power supply cable is damaged, it is replaced only by the special cable: Part no. 534993 KIT SPARES TRMNL BLK-FLEX 10, obtainable from authorised Fisher & Paykel Service Agents.
- the supply connection point (gas shut-off valve) is accessible after installation.
- the benchtop is made of a heat resistant material.
- the installation complies with all the requirements of Australian and New Zealand Gas Installation Standards (AS/NZS 5601.1.2010), including that the product has to be installed so that the surface temperature of any nearby combustible surface will not exceed 65 OC above ambient. See ‘Clearance Dimensions’.
When you Install the Appliance
- As servicing requires removing of the cooktop from the benchtop we do not recommend flush mounting. To the fullest extent permissible by law, the owner carries all risk for flush mounting of the cooktop. The owner must ensure the cooktop has been cut out from the benchtop before servicing can be carried out. Fisher & Paykel will not be liable for any costs associated with removing or replacing a flush-mounted and/or sealed-in product, nor for repairing any damage that may be incurred by doing this. Fisher & Paykel does not exclude any statutory liability it may have and which by law cannot be excluded, because of the giving of this notice.
- If installed with an approved flexible hose, the hose should not come in contact with the bottom of the appliance or any sharp edges. Flexible hose assemblies should be AS/NZS 1869 Class B or Class D certified with a maximum length of 1.20m.
- Seal exposed bare edges of the cutout with an oil-based paint or moisture-proof polyurethane to prevent possible moisture creeping between the cooktop trim and the benchtop.
- Take extreme care not to chip, crack, or break the top glass surfaces during installation. A heavy metal tool or part accidentally dropped on the glass could damage it.
- If, after following the instructions given, correct performance cannot be achieved, please contact your nearest Fisher & Paykel Authorised Service Centre, Customer Care, or contact us through our local website listed at the end of this document.