- During the pyrolytic Self Clean cycle the extremely high temperature burns off and breaks down grime and grease deposits. All that is left is a small amount of grey ash that you can easily remove.
- There is a choice of two Self Clean cycles:
- Self Clean (minimum 4 hours) (for normal soiling).
- Light Self Clean (minimum 3 hours) (suitable for a light or localised soiling).
- You must clean the inside glass door panel BEFORE starting a self-clean cycle. Failure to do this may result in permanent staining or marking of the door glass. See ‘Care and cleaning’ for our recommendations on how to do this.
- Do not use oven cleaners, any degreasing cleaners, or oven liners.
- Remove all oven shelves, trays, bakeware and utensils from the oven before starting a self clean cycle (except side racks). If left in the oven they will be permanently damaged; items made from combustible material (eg wood, fabric, plastic) may even catch fire.
- Do not use your oven to clean miscellaneous parts.
- Make sure the room is well ventilated.
- Before starting a Self Clean cycle, make sure you move any pet birds to another, closed and well-ventilated room. Some pet birds are extremely sensitive to the fumes given off during a Self Clean cycle, and may die if left in the same room as the oven during such a cycle.
- During a Self Clean cycle, the oven reaches higher temperatures than it does for cooking. Under such conditions, the surfaces may get hotter than usual and children should be kept away.
- The oven door will be locked during the Self Clean cycle.
- If there are cracks or flaws on any of the oven door glass panes, if the oven seal is damaged or worn, or if the door does not close properly, do not start a Self Clean cycle. Contact a Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician or Customer Care
To Start a Self Clean Cycle
- Remove all oven shelves, accessories, bakeware, and utensils.
You do not need to remove the side racks.
- Wipe up any spills, and along the inner edge of the oven surface around the seal. Failure to do so may discolor the oven surface.
Avoid cleaning the seal itself as this may cause damage
- Check the inner glass pane of the oven door. If it has soiling on it (eg stains from greasy splatter), you will need to clean it manually before starting a Self Clean cycle. For instructions, see ‘Care and cleaning’.
If soiling is left on the glass, it will become burnt on during the Self Clean cycle, making it very difficult to remove.
- Close the oven door firmly
- the display will flash 4:00 (4 hours), or
Touch the right scroll control a second time for the Light Self Clean cycle
- the display will flash 3:00 (3 hours)
If the door is not shut properly or is reopened before the self clean cycle starts, the oven will automatically turn off.
During the Self Clean cycle
When a Self Clean Cycle has Finished
The oven will:
- emit a long tone
- automatically turn off
- automatically unlock the door (when the oven has cooled to a safe temperature).
In a few seconds, the display will show the time of day.
You need to:
- wait for the oven to cool down completely
- remove the grey ash with a small brush or damp cloth
- wipe out the oven with a clean damp cloth
- dry with a clean lint-free cloth
- replace the oven shelves.
To Cancel a Self Clean Cycle
- A Self Clean cycle can be cancelled at any time by touching the cancel **Insert Image** control.
- The door will not unlock until the oven has cooled to a safe temperature.
Do NOT turn off the mains power supply to the oven (wall switch). Turning off the power while the oven is too hot may damage the oven and its surrounding cabinetry
To cancel a Self Clean cycle, touch the cancel X control.
- If the oven needs to cool down, the Self Clean function indicator will stay lit, the display will show the remaining cool-down time, the temperature indicator will show cascading bars and the door will remain locked.
- When it has cooled down, the oven will turn off, the door will unlock, a long tone will sound and the display will show the time of day.
- We do not recommend cancelling a Self Clean cycle and then immediately starting one again.