Your dishwasher has been carefully designed to operate safely during normal dishwashing procedures. Please keep the following instructions in mind when you are using your dishwasher.
When using your dishwasher, follow basic precautions, including the following:
Read all instructions before using the dishwasher.
The information in this manual must be followed to minimise the risk of fire or explosion or to prevent property damage, personal injury or loss of life.
Use the dishwasher only for its intended function as described in this user guide.
This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as:
– staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments;
– farm houses;
– by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments;
– bed and breakfast type environments.
Use only detergents or rinse aid recommended for use in a domestic dishwasher and keep them out of reach of children.
Check that the detergent dispenser is empty after the completion of each wash program.
When loading items to be washed, locate sharp items so that they are not likely to damage the dishwasher and load sharp knives with the handle up to reduce the risk of cut-type injuries.
Do not touch the filter plate (the metal disc in the dishwasher base) during or immediately after use, as it may be hot from the heater plate underneath.
Do not tamper with the controls.
Do not abuse, sit in, stand on the door or dish rack of the dishwasher.
Do not lean on the adjustable racks or use them to support your body weight.
To reduce the risk of injury, do not allow children to play in or on the dishwasher.
Under certain conditions, hydrogen gas may be produced in a hot water heater system that has not been used for two weeks or more. HYDROGEN GAS IS EXPLOSIVE. If the hot water system has not been used for such a period, before using the dishwasher, turn on all hot water taps and let the water flow from each for several minutes. This will release any accumulated hydrogen gas. As the gas is flammable, do not smoke or use an open flame during this time.
Remove the door to the washing compartment when removing an old dishwasher from service or discarding it.
Some dishwasher detergents are strongly alkaline. They can be extremely dangerous if swallowed.
Avoid contact with the skin and eyes and keep children away from the dishwasher when the door is open. Check that the detergent receptacle is empty after completion of the wash cycle.
Certified residential dishwashers are not intended for licensed food establishments.
- Disconnect the appliance from the power supply before any cleaning or maintenance.
- When disconnecting the appliance pull the plug rather than the power supply cord or junction of cord to avoid damage.
- Do not repair or replace any part of the appliance or attempt any servicing unless specifically recommended in this user guide.
- We recommend that you contact Customer Care to arrange service. See your ‘Service and warranty’ booklet for contact details.
- Keep the floor around your appliance clean and dry to reduce the possibility of slipping.
- Keep the area around/underneath your appliance free from the accumulation of combustible materials, such as lint, paper, rags and chemicals.
- Open the door very carefully if the dishwasher is in operation. There is a risk of being sprayed with hot water. Do not open the door fully until the spray arms have stopped rotating.
- The door should not be left in the open position as this could present a tripping hazard.
- The water inside the dishwasher is not suitable for drinking.
- Always press the button to pause and wait a few seconds before opening the drawer.
- The dishwasher must be used with the filter plate, drain filter and spray arm(s) in place. To identify what these parts are, see drawings in section ‘‘Care and Cleaning’ of this user guide.
- Do not operate this dishwasher if it is damaged, malfunctioning, partially disassembled or has missing or broken parts, including a damaged power supply cord or plug.
- Children of less than 8 years old must be kept away from the appliance unless continuously supervised. This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above, and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge, if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and they understand the hazards involved.
- Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be done by children without supervision.
- Do not allow children to play inside, on or with this appliance or any discarded appliance.
- If a dishwasher cleaner is used, we would strongly recommend a wash program with detergent should be run immediately afterward, to prevent any damage to the dishwasher.
- The dishwasher is designed for washing normal household utensils. Items that are contaminated by petrol, paint, steel or iron debris, corrosive, acidic or alkaline chemicals are not to be washed in the dishwasher.
- If the dishwasher is not being used for long periods of time, turn the electricity and water supply to the dishwasher off.