- Make sure the connection point will be accessible with the cooktop installed.
- To enable the gas supply to be readily shut off by the customer, make sure the connection is fitted with an isolating valve close to the cooktop.
- A manual shut-off valve must be installed in an accessible location in the gas line external to the appliance for the purpose of turning on or shutting off gas to the appliance.
- Gas connection to the product must use the nipple supplied with a 1/2” BSP external thread. The supplied gas pressure regulator must be installed where it will be accessible for adjustment.
If Connecting the Gas with a Flexible Hose
- Ensure the hose is long enough to allow for removal of cooktop for servicing.
- Make sure the connector is located as shown in step 5 CLEARANCE DIMENSIONS.
- The hose assembly must be with an Rp 1/2” (ISO 7-1) female thread connection.
- The hose assembly must be as short as practicable and comply with the relevant regulatory requirements.
- The hose must not be kinked, subjected to abrasion or permanently deformed.
- The hose must not be near or in contact with any hot surfaces (e.g. base of metal hot plate, flue, or chassis of under counter oven etc.)
Adjust to obtain a test point pressure of 20mbar with
Make sure the supply pressure is regulated to 29mbar, with all the burners operating at highest setting.