- Find out about water hardness in your home, then use the table below to determine how much powdered detergent to use for each wash program. See also section ‘Water hardness and dishwashing’.
- For information on which program to use for your load, see your ‘Quick start guide’.
- The main powdered detergent dispenser has markings to help you measure the correct quantities. See following section ‘Adding detergent’.
Detergent Quantities (per drawer)
Main detergent dispenser marking
|SOFTER||<100 ppm or
< 6 gpg*
100 -150 ppm or 6 - 9 gpg
>150 ppm or >9 gpg
If you have a household water softener installed, use the quantities recommended for water with a hardness under 100 ppm/6 gpg, irrespective of the water hardness in your area. See also section ‘Water softener’.
- If your water hardness is above 625ppm/36 gpg, we highly recommend you completely fill the main detergent dispenser for all programs (except Rinse) and the secondary dispenser for heavily soiled loads. The rinse aid setting should be at 5.
- If your water hardness is above 625ppm/36 gpg, the wash performance of your dishwasher will decline.