Never use abrasive or oil based liquid cleaners.
The manufacturer is not liable for any damage caused by not following these instructions.
The wall canopy should be cleaned regularly using warm water with soap or mild liquid detergents. This ensures that no build-up of grease occurs as these deposits are corrosive. Do not use abrasives or harsh detergents/cleaning fluids.
In areas of high humidity and coastal environments, cleaning should be carried out frequently.
Your wall canopy is fitted with a clear container located underneath the motor housing, that is only visible when the grease filters are removed.
Over time, oil, fat and grease, that is normally deposited inside the motor casing, is directed into this container for easy cleaning.
This unique design will help ensure your wall canopy remains in peak condition by minimising the amount of fat or grease collected in the motor.
- This container should be cleaned as necessary, usually on an annual basis.
- Always ensure the container is in place prior to using the wall canopy.
- Do not attempt to block the hole in the motor casing.
The grease filters must be periodically cleaned (at least every two months).
Remove the grease filters and wash them either by hand using hot soapy water or place them in the dishwasher using mild detergent. Badly smoked filters may be cleaned with “cookware cleaners”.
Some discolouration of the frame may occur.
Charcoal filters are designed to remove grease and odours from cooking vapours, prior to the cleansed air re-entering the kitchen (when the wall canopy is in recirculating mode). Charcoal filters are disposable items and it is recommended that these should be replaced every three to six months depending on use.
- Fully saturated charcoal filters can become a barrier to air movement, impeding the wall canopy’s performance.
- In the event of fire, fully grease laden filters could be flammable and therefore regular replacement is recommended.
- In ducted installations, conventional aluminium filters are recommended.
For replacement charcoal filters, ducting accessories, spare parts and service, please contact your local supplier or Fisher & Paykel Customer Care Centre.
Light bulb replacement
(Halogen bulb 12 Volts/20 Watt)
- Switch off the power to the canopy hood.
- Use a small bladed screwdriver to prise off the light cover, taking care not to damage the surrounding material.
- Remove the defective bulb from the canopy hood.
- Replace with a new bulb using a cloth. Do not touch the bulb with fingers as this will shorten the life of the bulb.
- Snap the cover back into place.
Replacement bulbs are not covered by warranty.