When the wash programme is over, the dishwasher will beep six times, then automatically turn off in a few seconds.
Open the door slightly and leave it ajar (about 100mm) to help the drying process.
Once the dishes are cool to touch, they can be removed.
Never leave the dishwasher door in the fully open position, as this could present a tripping hazard.
Check that the detergent dispenser is completely empty. If it isn’t, wipe out with a damp cloth.
Inspect your dishwasher regularly to see if it needs any cleaning or maintenance:
- Check that no grease or limescale deposits have accumulated on the inside.
- If there are food particles in the filters, these need to be cleaned as well.
- See section ‘Care and cleaning’ for cleaning and maintenance instructions.
If the dishwasher is not going to be used for some time:
- Ensure the baskets are empty.
- Leave the inside of the dishwasher clean.
- Leave the dishwasher door ajar to allow air to circulate.
- Turn off both the power and water supply to the dishwasher.