The lid of your Fisher & Paykel WashSmart washer is locked during the wash cycle, ensuring safety for you and your family while it is operating.
The “Lid Locked” light (above the START/PAUSE button) is illuminated when the lid lock is activated, letting you know at a glance if you can open the lid or not.
Fig. 17 Lid Lock
The lid will be locked from the start of the cycle, through to the end, unless START/PAUSE is touched.
If the lid is left open, your WashSmart washer will be unable to lock the lid, and the cycle will be halted. The machine will beep to alert you and display a warning message on the screen. If this occurs, close the lid and touch START/PAUSE.
- Do not put anything down the lid lock slot in the top deck of your machine.
- Do not try to disable the lid lock.
Ensure that children or infirmed persons are well supervised when around your WashSmart washer.
- Unsupervised clothes washers filled with water can present a drowning hazard to small children. In order to minimize any risk of this type of accident, your WashSmart has been pre-programmed to know when this potential hazard is created and drains the wash water to a safe level.
- If you pause your WashSmart at any time during the wash cycle when there is water in the basket, the machine will activate the AUTO DRAIN function after 3 minutes. This will drain the water in the wash basket to an acceptable level, minimizing any potential hazard.
- A warning message (“Adr”) will be displayed on the digital display while AUTO DRAIN is in operation. The cycle can be restarted while AUTODRAIN is in operation by touching START/PAUSE.