Wrinkling or Creasing
- Was the washer (or dryer) overloaded?
- Selecting the EASY IRON or DELICATE cycle will minimize wrinkling or creasing.
- Try selecting a slower spin speed.
- Try not to leave wet clothes sitting in the washer or laundry basket.
- Select a lower wash temperature.
- Was the washer overloaded?
- Wash lint givers, eg towels, separately from lint receivers, eg synthetics. Also, wash similar colors together (eg light colors separately from dark colors).
- Have you used enough detergent?
- Over drying clothes in the dryer can cause them to attract lint.
- Try using High Efficiency OFF (refer to page 22), and/or select the SOFTENER option (refer to page 35) to include more water in the wash and/or rinse.
Poor Soil Removal
- Are you using the most appropriate wash cycle for the amount of dirt?
- Did you use enough detergent for amount of dirt?
- Are you using a good quality detergent?
- Was the washer overloaded?
- Separate heavily and lightly soiled garments.
- Use a wash temperature suitable for soil type, eg warm for greasy soils, cold for muddy soil.
- Try selecting HEAVY using the soil level button (selected models only).
- Try using the Wash Boost option (select Wash Boost ON, selected models only).
- Did you use too much detergent?
- Was the washer overloaded? Ensure items have room to move in the wash basket.
- Are you using the most appropriate wash cycle?
- Is your cold water less than 68°F (20°C)? Program the Controlled Cold temperature option (refer to page 34).
- Remember to separate whites and colors.
- Wash non-colorfast items separately and select COLD wash temperature.
- Remember to remove items from the washer as soon as the wash is finished.
Black or Gray Marks on Clothes
- Are you using enough detergent for the amount of dirt?
- Ensure you are following the operating instructions (refer to pages 14 – 45) and are using a good quality detergent.
- Empty washer and put through a BASKET CLEAN cycle (refer to page 44).
- Has the washer been loaded as described in the ‘Loading’ section on page 25?
- Have you separated out larger items from smaller items?
- Try using High Efficiency OFF.
- Use the EASY IRON cycle to wash shirts.
- Wash bed sheets on their own using the SHEETS cycle.
- Try washing smaller load sizes.
- Wash your most valued items on the DELICATE cycle.
Sheets and Comforter Covers Tangling or Engulfing Each Other
- Are you using the SHEETS cycle?
- Wash sheets and comforter covers on their own on the SHEETS cycle.
- Place sheets and comforter covers into the basket individually, to the side of the low profile agitator (ensure each item does not cover more than half of the basket area). Load the items in layers around the basket (2 sheets or comforter covers per layer). Ensure comforter covers are buttoned or domed closed before washing.
Towels Causing Out of Balance
- Try washing a mixture of large towels and smaller towels.
- Reduce the size of your load.
If problems persist, please contact your Authorized Service Agent (refer to page 53).