- It is important to sort your clothes, particularly separating white / light colors from dark colors, as well as separating out bed sheets and washing them on the SHEETS cycle and washing towels on the TOWELS cycle. Refer to pages 21 – 23 for more details on sorting and loading.
- Close bra clasps, do up zippers and check pockets.
- Don’t wrap sheets around the basket like a snake, place them in as loose parcels to the side of the low profile agitator, and in layers around the basket.
- Place your clothes directly into the wash basket.
- Your AquaSmartTM has been designed for use with High Efficiency (HE) detergent only.
- AquaSmartTM offers a detergent dispenser for your convenience, located on the front, left hand side of the top deck.
- For the correct detergent dose, please follow the manufacturer’s directions, outlined on the detergent package.
- Pour the detergent into the detergent dispenser.
- For more information on detergent, fabric softener or bleach please refer to pages 24 – 26.
Fig.12 AquaSmartTM control panel (models may vary)
The control panel of your washer may differ depending on what model you have.
Using your Washer
These buttons require only a gentle touch to activate.
- Touch POWER to activate your AquaSmartTM washer.
- Select your desired wash cycle by turning the SmartTouchTM control dial. The wash cycle icons will illuminate as you turn the dial, showing which cycle is selected (refer to pages 27 – 31 for details about the wash cycles).
- High Efficiency - this allows you to select either a high efficiency (High Efficiency On – to save water) or conventional cycle (High Efficiency Off – to use more water when needed) (refer to page 20). Note: only one mode is available for some cycles.
- Choose your wash options. For example, if you would like a hot wash temperature, touch the WASH TEMP button until the light next to “Hot” is lit. If you wish to use fabric softener, ensure SOFTENER is selected in OPTIONS (refer to page 33).
- Touch START / PAUSE to start the cycle and let AquaSmartTM do the rest for you. The washer will start to fill with water and automatically select the correct water level and wash action for your load. Please note: constant interruptions to the cycle, such as touching START / PAUSE will increase the time taken to complete the cycle and may result in poorer wash performance.
- Use KEYLOCK to lock the buttons on the control panel, preventing them from being activated accidently (refer to page 18).
- DELAY START (available on selected models) allows you to delay the start of your wash by 5 mins up to 18 hours (refer to page 34).
For best fabric and color care, remove your clothes as soon as the cycle has finished.
Failure to follow the advice in this User Guide may result in damage to your garments, and your expectations of wash performance may not be met.
Selected wash cycles and options may not be available depending on the model of your washer.