- The water connection instructions below are intended only for the professional installer.
- DO NOT use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality.
- WARNING – connect to potable drinkable water supply only.
- DO NOT install on line pressure above 120 psi (827 kPa) or below 22 psi (150 kPa).
- DO NOT use on hot water supply (100°F [38°C max.]).
- AVOID contamination of pipes during installation.
- Old water fittings (hose-sets) should not be reused.
- The standard appliance does not include a water line such as copper or plastic tubing. 1/4” copper tubing or 1/4” plastic tubing can be used. These parts need to be purchased separately and must comply with the local regulations.
- The shut off valve should be accessible.
Ensure the refrigerator is NOT plugged into a power supply. Locate isolating faucet for water connection – cold water supply only. Tee and faucet fittings are not supplied.
Position the appliance 1.5 – 2 ft. (450 – 600 mm) in front of the finished enclosure. This will allow access behind the appliance for power and water connections.
Firmly insert the tube end of the adaptor into the PLV, until the end is no longer visible. Once inserted, pull gently on tubing to ensure it is locked in (refer to A).
Note: Dislodge the PLV if required.
Secure connection by attaching the locking key in between the PLV and tube end of the adaptor (refer to B).
Note: If PLV was dislodged for installation (3), mount PLV back into clip.
Thread the free end of the water hose into the dedicated hole located in the base of the appliance, through to the back of the appliance (refer to C)
At the back of the appliance, loosely coil the water hose (~2 – 3 times) and fasten the end of the hose to the cold water supply (refer to D).
Take care not to over-tighten the connection. Turn the isolating faucet on and check that all connections are dry and free of drips.
At the back of your appliance, connect the appliance to the electrical supply (115 VAC,
60 Hz) with the fitted plug and lead, and turn on. Ensure the appliance is connected to its own isolating switch (refer to E)
In order to push appliance into correct position:
- Stop midway, reach through base to locate power cord. Pull power cord through the front left side of the appliance (refer to F), tucking it neatly in the left side of the base (refer to G).
Failure to do this can result in running over the hose causing damage and possible water leaks.
- Reach through base to locate water hose coil. Tuck coil neatly into front right side of base (refer to H).
- Push product until doors are in line with the frame. Ensure the appliance is Centred.
- Firm contact must be achieved between the appliance and the anti-tip bracket, 2 3/8” min. (60 mm) overlap (refer to I ).
Failure to follow this instruction can lead to serious injury or death.