Exterior (All Models)
Stainless Exterior Doors
- Clean the exterior door with liquid dishwashing detergent dissolved in warm water and a soft cloth.
- Dry the door with a lint-free cloth.
- The use of any abrasive or stainless steel cleaners and solvents will damage the door surface.
Other Exterior Surfaces (all models)
- Clean all other exterior surfaces with a mix of warm water and liquid dishwashing detergent, and a soft cloth.
- If necessary, clean the magnetic door gasket and the center door gaskets with an old toothbrush, warm water and liquid dishwashing detergent.
Rear Compartment Cover
Cleaning the rear compartment cover
Electric Shock Hazard. Do not remove rear compartment cover. This may expose you to the risk of an electric shock.
Water Dispenser Pad and Interface (Ice & Water models only)
Drip Tray (Ice & Water models only)
Cleaning the drip tray
Interior (All Models)
- It is important to keep the interior of the refrigerator and freezer clean to help prevent food from becoming contaminated during storage.
- The amount and types of food stored determines how often cleaning should be carried out in the refrigerator (ideally once every 1 to 2 weeks).
- Remove the shelves from cabinet and door. Wash shelves and storage bins in warm water and detergent; rinse in clean water and dry before replacing.
- Wipe over the interior surfaces with warm water and liquid dishwashing detergent. Alternatively you can use 1 tsp baking soda dissolved in 1⁄2 qt (500 ml) of warm water. Rinse with clean water.
- To help remove “old stale refrigerator” smells add a few drops of vanilla essence or vinegar to the water before cleaning.
- Clean interior surfaces with warm water and liquid dishwashing detergent. Use a toothbrush for the magnetic door gasket.
- Do not use harsh, abrasive cloths on any part of the refrigerator or freezer.
Glass Shelves (all models)
Clean with warm water and detergent or a glass cleaner.
Bottle Holder (where fitted)
Clean with warm water and detergent. The use of abrasive cleaners and solvents may cause damage.
Automatic Ice Dispenser (Ice & Water models only)
- We do not recommend you clean the ice maker components, but it is important to clean the bins occasionally.
- The storage bin should be cleaned regularly and the old ice in the bottom of the bin discarded.
- Wash bin in lukewarm water. Dry thoroughly and replace.
- When replacing the bin ensure that the scoop is on the right hand side or at the front of the bin (model dependent).
Many commercially available cleaning products contain solvents that may attack
the plastic components of your refrigerator and cause them to crack. It is important to use only warm water and a small amount of liquid dishwashing detergent on any components inside and outside your refrigerator. Avoid using anti-bacterial cleaning products on either the interior or exterior of the cabinet as they may cause rusting of metal components and cracking of plastic components.
Humidity Control System
When cleaning the shelf above the vegetable bins, we recommend that you do not disassemble the Humidity Control System from the shelf.
In the event that the humidity control lid (plastic lid) and humidity slides become separated from the glass shelf, follow these instructions to reassemble.
Humidity Control System cleaning
To Remove Trays or Fixed Bins
To Replace Trays or Fixed Bins
With the runners pushed back into the refrigerator, place the tray/bin on top of the runners. Push the tray/bin back slowly until you feel it clip back onto the runners.
- Ensure that trays and bins are securely clipped onto the runners before use.
- Bin and tray runners are pre-lubricated, and will not need to be re-lubricated during their life. Do not attempt to clean grease from the runners, as this will affect their ability to function. Do not immerse runners in water.
Permanently Fixed Bins and Trays (Freezer drawer models only)
The freezer bins and trays in this model are permanently fixed. They cannot be removed from the freezer compartment. To clean simply wipe with a soft, damp cloth.
- Turn the ice maker to OFF on the internal control panel.
- Shut off the water supply to the refrigerator.
- On your return, turn on the water supply to the refrigerator.
- Dispense 10 qt (10 liters) of water and discard to ensure the water tank is refilled with fresh water.
- Turn on the ice maker.
- Discard the first 3 harvests of ice (8 ice cubes are produced per harvest).