In the unlikely event a fault occurs the icon will illuminate on the internal control panel and an alarm will sound when the fresh food compartment door is opened.
- Please count the number of beeps made when the fresh food compartment door is opened. Please also take note of the number and sequence of temperature lights displayed on the internal control panel and contact our Customer Care Center.
- To silence the fault alarm press any button on the internal control panel. The icon will remain illuminated until the fault is corrected.
Normal Refrigerator Sounds
ActiveSmartTM refrigerators, with their excellent energy ratings and cooling performance, can produce sounds somewhat different to your old refrigerator.
Normal Operational Sounds Include:
- Fan air flow sound. ActiveSmartTM refrigerators have fans which change speed depending on demand. During cooling periods, such as after frequent door openings, fans circulate the cold air in the refrigerator and freezer compartments producing some air flow sound. This is quite normal.
- Cracking or popping which may occur when the defrost function is operating.
- Running water sound. This is the liquid refrigerant in the system and can be heard as a boiling or gurgling noise.
- An audible hissing sound after closing the freezer door. This is due to the pressure difference between the warm air that has entered the cabinet and suddenly cooled, and the outside air pressure.
- Other sounds may be heard for the following reasons:
- Cabinet not level.
- Floor uneven or weak.
- Bottles or jars rattling on shelves.
- If this is your first refrigerator with an ice maker, you will hear occasional sounds that may be unfamiliar. They are normal ice making sounds and are not cause for concern.
- The following sounds are normal with the operation of an ice maker:
- Motor operation (low humming).
- Running water as the ice maker and/or water tank fills.
- Water valve opening and closing (hissing sound).
- Ice being loosened from the ice molding tray (cracking).
- Ice dropping into bin (clunking).