Electric Shock Hazard
Use this appliance only for the intended purpose as described in the user guide.
Important Safety Instructions
When using this appliance always exercise basic safety precautions including the following:
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure they do not play with the appliance.
- The manufacturer’s installation instructions for product and cabinetry ventilation must be followed when installing the appliance.
- To avoid hazard due to instability of the appliance, it must be fixed in accordance with installation instructions.
- Keep ventilation openings, in the appliance enclosure or in the built-in structure, clear of obstruction.
- Do not use mechanical devices or other means to accelerate the defrosting process, other than those recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not damage the refrigerant circuit.
- In case of damage to the refrigerant circuit, ventilate the area by opening all windows. Do not operate electrical equipment or any other equipment that may produce arcs, sparks or flames in the area. Contact your Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician immediately to arrange for the appliance to be repaired.
- Do not use electrical appliances inside the food storage compartments of the appliance, unless they are of the type recommended by the manufacturer.
- This appliance must be installed in accordance with the installation instructions before use.
- To allow disconnection of the appliance from the supply after installation, incorporate a switch in the fixed wiring in accordance with the wiring rules.
- Never unplug your refrigerator by pulling on the power cord. Always grip the plug firmly and pull straight out from the outlet.
- Do not plug in any other appliance at the same power point as your refrigerator or use extension cords or double adapters or ungrounded (two prong) adapters.
- Repair or replace immediately all electric service cords that have become frayed or otherwise damaged. Do not use a cord that shows cracks or abrasion along its length or at either the plug or appliance end.
- If the power supply cord is damaged, it must only be replaced by your Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician because special purpose tools are required.
- When moving your appliance away from the wall, be careful not to roll over or damage the power cord.
- Follow the National Electrical Code and all local codes and ordinances when installing this product.
Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCI) may trip during normal operation of your refrigerator and interrupt the power supply. The use of a GFCI is not recommended with this product.
Your refrigerator is designed to operate for many years without the need for service checks. However, if your refrigerator is malfunctioning, have it attended to by your Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician as soon as possible. All electrical repairs must be carried out by an adequately trained service technician or qualified electrician.
- Many commercially available cleaning products contain solvents that may attack the plastic components of your refrigerator and cause them to crack.
- Avoid using anti-bacterial cleaning products on either the interior or exterior of the cabinet as they may cause rusting of metal components and cracking of plastic components.
- Please refer to the ‘Cleaning and caring for your refrigerator’ section of this user guide for further information.
Extreme Care Must be taken when Disposing of your old Appliance to Avoid Hazards:
- The flammable refrigerant gas must be safely removed.
- The refrigerator doors and/or door panel set(s) should be removed and the be carefully treated during disposal.
- The thermal insulation foam in this appliance contains flammable insulation blowing gases, any exposed foam may be highly flammable and must shelves left in place so that children may not easily climb inside.
- Your Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician will be able to give advice on environmentally friendly methods of disposing of your old refrigerator or freezer.
Storing Food and Drinks
- Do not store explosive substances such as aerosol cans with a flammable propellant in this appliance.
- Never store volatile or flammable materials in your refrigerator as they may explode.
- Never freeze liquids in glass containers. Liquid expands during freezing, which may cause the container to explode.
- Never freeze carbonated drinks. They may explode.
- Do not consume food if it is too cold. Food removed from the freezer compartment may be cold enough to cause damage when brought into contact with bare skin, eg frozen ice cubes.
Power Failure – Food Safety
- Do not refreeze frozen foods that have thawed completely. The food may be dangerous to eat. Follow the recommendations below if you discover food in your freezer has thawed:
- Ice crystals still visible – food may be refrozen but should be stored for a shorter period than recommended.
- Thawed but refrigerator cold – refreezing generally not recommended. Fruits and some cooked food can be refrozen but use as soon as possible. Meat, fish, poultry – use immediately or cook then refreeze. Vegetables – discard as they usually go limp and soggy.
- Thawed and warmer than 41°F (5°C) – discard all food.
- The water connection to your Ice & water refrigerator must be installed by an qualified plumber or Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician and comply with all state and local laws.
- Installation and use MUST comply with all state and local plumbing codes. Check with your local public works department for plumbing codes.
- You must follow their guidelines as you install the water filtration system.
- To avoid serious illness or death, only connect your water filter to safe drinking water.
- The water filter cartridge needs to be changed when the replacement indicator icon illuminates. This will happen every 6 months.
- If the water filtration system has been allowed to freeze, replace filter cartridge. Failure to replace the disposable filter at recommended intervals may lead to reduced filter performance and failure of the filter, causing property damage from water leakage or flooding.
- In cases of excessively reduced filter life — we recommend that you consult a local plumber or your water supplier for advice on suitable filtration requirements for the water supplied to your home.
- Filter replacement is the consumer’s responsibility and will not be covered by the warranty except in the case of faulty parts or materials within the filter cartridge.
- If the water has not created ice for some time or ice has an unpleasant taste or odour dispose of ice and refer to ‘Automatic ice’ for flushing instructions. If unpleasant taste or odour persists, you may wish to fit a new filter cartridge.
- Use new tubing supplied with the refrigerator. DO NOT reuse old tubing from old water and ice connections.
- Your water filtration system can withstand up to 120psi (827kPa) of water pressure. Ensure the supplied pressure reducing valve is installed before installing the water filtration system. DO NOT install if water pressure exceeds 120psi (827kPa).
To reduce the risk associated with property damage due to water leakage or flooding:
- DO NOT install systems in areas where ambient temperatures may go above 100°F (38°C) or drop below 33°F (0.6°C).
- DO NOT install on hot water supply lines. The maximum operating water temperature of this filter system is 100°F (38°C).
- DO NOT install where water hammer conditions may occur. If water hammer conditions exist, you must install a water hammer arrester.
To reduce the risk associated with choking:
- DO NOT allow children under 3 years of age to have access to small parts during the installation of the water filter.
- Avoid contact with the moving parts of the ice maker ejector mechanism, and do not place your fingers on the automatic ice- making mechanism while the appliance is in operation.
- Do not use ice cubes that may have become discoloured, usually with a green-blue colour. If such discolouration is noted, discard the ice cubes and contact your Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician.