All the water to your refrigerator is filtered to remove impurities through a filter cartridge located in a position of your choice outside the refrigerator. This will need changing approximately every 6 months.
- There is a replacement indicator icon on the internal control panel (Ice & Water and Automatic Ice models) and external display (Ice & Water models only) which will appear when the filter needs replacing. It will flash, as a reminder, when water is dispensed.
- Replacement filter cartridges are can be purchased online from fisherpaykel.com or by calling Fisher & Paykel Customer Care. Details of the replacement filter cartridge are labelled on the cartridge. Instructions on how to install your replacement water filter are provided with the filter.
To Reset the Filter Indicator
We recommend the water filter to be used from the time of installation.
Do not reset indicator before filter is changed or filter monitoring will be inaccurate.
- Press and hold and for 4 seconds to reset the internal and external filter indicators.
- Theicon on the internal and external displays will turn off when reset.
To Disable the Filter Indicator
if disabled, you will not be reminded to next change your filter.
- When no filter is fitted, you can disable the filter indicator.
- Press and hold and for 4 seconds to turn this feature off, the icon will flash once on the internal and external displays.
- We recommend that you do not disable the filter indicator if you have a filter fitted to the connection.
- To turn this feature on press and hold and for 4 seconds, the icon on the internal and external displays will flash twice.
- To avoid serious illness or death, do not use the water filter where water is unsafe or of unknown quality.
- The water filter cartridge needs to be changed when the filter indicator icon flashes on the interface panel.
- We recommend the water filter cartridge is replaced when the internal and external icons illuminate. This will happen every 6 months.
- If the water filtration system has been allowed to freeze, replace filter cartridge.
- The rate of water flow through the water dispenser can slow down as the filter cartridge accumulates any sediments which may be present in the water supplied to your home. This varies depending upon your local water quality, which may require your filter cartridge to be changed more frequently.
- In cases of excessively reduced filter life we recommend that you consult a local plumber or your water supplier for advice on suitable filtration requirements for the water supplied to your home.
- Filter replacement is the consumer’s responsibility and will not be covered by the warranty except in the case of faulty parts or materials within the filter cartridge.
- If the water has not been dispensed for some time or water has an unpleasant taste or odor, flush system by dispensing 4qt (4L) of water.
- If unpleasant taste or odor persists, you may wish to fit a new filter cartridge.