When you purchase any new DCS by Fisher & Paykel ventilation product for personal or consumer use you automatically receive a two year limited warranty covering parts and labor for servicing within the 48 mainland United States, Hawaii, Washington DC and Canada. In Alaska the limited warranty is the same except that you must pay to ship the product to the service shop or the service technician’s travel to your home. Products for use in Canada must be purchased through the Canadian distribution channel to ensure regulatory compliance.
If the product is installed in a motor vehicle, boat or similar mobile facility, you receive the same two year limited warranty, but you must bring the vehicle, boat or mobile facility containing the product to the service shop at your expense or pay the service technician’s travel to the location of the product.
There is no warranty for commercial purchase or use.
Fisher & Paykel undertakes to:
Repair without cost, with limited exceptions described herein, to the owner either for material or labor any part of the product, the serial number of which appears on the product, which is found to be defective during the term of the two year limited warranty.
In Alaska, you must pay to ship the product to the service shop or for the service technician’s travel to your home. If the product is installed in a motor vehicle, boat or similar mobile facility, you must bring it to the service shop at your expense or pay for the service technician’s travel to the location of the product. If we are unable to repair a defective part of the product after a reasonable number of attempts, at our option we may replace the part or the product, or we may provide you a full refund of the purchase price of the product (not including installation or other charges).
This warranty extends to the original purchaser and any succeeding owner of the product during the term of the warranty for products purchased for ordinary single- family home use.
All service under this limited warranty shall be provided by Fisher & Paykel or its Authorized Service Agent during normal business hours.
How long does this limited warranty last?
Our liability under the two year limited warranty expires two years from the date of purchase of the product by the first consumer.
Our liability under any implied warranties, including the implied warranty of merchantability (an unwritten warranty that the product is fit for ordinary use) expires two years (or such longer period as required by applicable law) from the date of purchase of the product by the first consumer. Some States do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so this limit on implied warranties may not apply to you. Fisher & Paykel will honor any warranty required by the law of the particular country or state in which the product is sold.
This limited warranty does not cover:
- Service calls that are not related to any defect in the product. The cost of a service call will be charged if the problem is not found to be a defect of the product. For example:
- Correcting faulty installation of the product.
- Instructing you how to use the product.
- Replacing house fuses, resetting circuit breakers, correcting house wiring or plumbing, or replacing light bulbs.
- Correcting fault(s) caused by the user.
- Changing the set-up of the product.
- Unauthorized modifications of the product.
- Noise or vibration that is considered normal, for example, fan sounds/noises or user warning beeps.
- Correcting damage caused by pests, for example, rats, cockroaches, etc.
- Defects caused by factors other than:
- Normal domestic use or
- Use in accordance with the product’s user guide.
- Defects to the product caused by accident, neglect, misuse, fire, flood or ‘act of God’.
- The cost of repairs carried out by non-authorized repairers or the cost of correcting such unauthorized repairs.
- Travel fees and associated charges incurred when the product is installed in a location with limited or restricted access (e.g. airplane flights, ferry charges, isolated geographic areas).
- Normal recommended maintenance as set out in the product’s user guide.
- Filter replacement except in the case of faulty parts or materials within the filter cartridge.
- Damage (including water damage) caused by faulty installation, plumbing or wiring.
This product has been designed for use in a normal domestic (residential) environment. This product is not designed for commercial use (whatsoever). Any commercial use by a customer will terminate this product’s limited warranty.
If you have an installation problem contact your dealer or installer. You are responsible for providing adequate electrical, exhausting and other connection facilities.
Fisher & Paykel will not be responsible for consequential or incidental damages (including, without limitation, the cost of repairing or replacing other property damaged if the product is defective or any of your expenses caused if the product is defective). Some States do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
How to get service
Please read your user guide. If you then have any questions about operating the product, need the name of your local Fisher & Paykel Authorized Service Agent, or believe the product is defective and wish service under this limited warranty, please contact your dealer or call us at:
USA and Canada
TOLL FREE 1.888.9.FNP.USA (1.888.936.7872) or use the link at: www.dcsappliances.com/customer-care/service-my-product/
You may be required to provide reasonable proof of the date of purchase of the product before the product will be serviced under this limited warranty.
No other warranties
This limited warranty is the complete and exclusive agreement between you and Fisher & Paykel regarding any defect in the product and no other express warranty has been made or will be made on behalf of Fisher & Paykel. None of our employees (or our Authorized Service Agents) are authorized to make any addition or modification to this limited warranty.
Warrantor: Fisher & Paykel Appliances, Inc.
If you need further help concerning this limited warranty, or need to make a claim under this warranty, please call us at the above number, or write to:
Fisher & Paykel Appliances, Inc.
695 Town Center Drive, Suite 180
Costa Mesa CA 92626
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from country to country and from state to state.