Precautions to Avoid Possible Exposure to Excessive Microwave Energy
- Do not attempt to operate this oven with the door open since open-door operation can result in harmful exposure to microwave energy. It is important not to damage or tamper with the safety interlocks.
- Do not place any object between the oven front face and the door or allow soil or cleaner residue to accumulate on sealing surfaces.
- Do not operate the oven if it is damaged. It is particularly important that the oven door close properly and that there is no damage to the: (1) door (bent), (2) hinges and latches (broken or loosened), (3) door seals and sealing surfaces.
- The oven should not be adjusted or repaired by anyone except properly qualified service personnel.
When using electrical appliances basic safety precautions should be followed, including the following to reduce the risk of burns, electric shock, fire, injury to persons or exposure to excessive microwave energy:
- Read all instructions before using the appliance.
- Read and follow the specific PRECAUTIONS TO AVOID POSSIBLE EXPOSURE TO EXCESSIVE MICROWAVE ENERGY above.
- This appliance must be grounded. Connect only to properly grounded outlet. See GROUNDING INSTRUCTIONS and INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS.
- Install or locate this appliance only in accordance with the provided installation instructions.
- Some products such as whole eggs and sealed containers—for example, closed glass jars—are able to explode and should not be heated in this microwave oven.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use corrosive chemicals or vapors in this appliance. This type of microwave oven is specifically designed to heat, cook or dry food. It is not designed for industrial or laboratory use.
- As with any appliance, close supervision is necessary when used by children.
- Do not operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly or if it has been damaged or dropped.
- This appliance should be serviced only by qualified service personnel.
- Do not cover or block any openings on the appliance.
- Do not store or use this appliance outdoors. Do not use this product near water—for example, near a kitchen sink, in a wet basement or near a swimming pool, or similar locations.
- Do not immerse cord or plug in water.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter.
- See door surface cleaning instructions in the CLEANING AND CARE section.
- To reduce the risk of fire in the microwave oven cavity:
- Do not overcook food. Carefully attend to appliance when paper, plastic or other combustible materials are placed inside the microwave oven to facilitate cooking.
- Remove wire twist-ties from paper or plastic bags before placing bag in microwave oven.
- If materials inside the microwave oven ignite, keep microwave oven door closed, turn microwave oven off and disconnect the power cord or shut off power at the fuse or circuit breaker panel.
- Do not use the cavity for storage purposes. Do not leave paper products, cooking utensils or food in the cavity when not in use.
Liquids, such as water, co ee or tea are able to be overheated beyond the boiling point without appearing to be boiling. Visible bubbling or boiling when the container is removed from the microwave oven is not always present. THIS COULD RESULT IN VERY HOT LIQUIDS SUDDENLY BOILING OVER WHEN A SPOON OR OTHER UTENSIL IS INSERTED INTO THE LIQUID. To reduce the risk of injury to persons:
- Do not overheat the liquid.
- Stir the liquid both before and halfway through heating it.
- Do not use straight-sided containers with narrow necks. Use a wide-mouthed container.
- After heating, allow the container to stand in the microwave oven at least for 20 seconds before removing the container.
- Use extreme care when inserting a spoon or other utensil into the container.
- Clean ventilation openings and grease filters frequently—grease should not be allowed to accumulate on ventilation openings, hood (louver) or grease filters.
- Use care when cleaning the louver and the grease filters. Corrosive cleaning agents, such as lye- based oven cleaners, may damage the louver and the grease filters.
- When flaming food under the hood, turn the fan on.
- This appliance is suitable for use above both gas and electric cooking equipment 36” wide or less.
Save these instructions.