Electrical shock hazard
Disconnect the appliance from the mains electricity supply before carrying out any work or maintenance on it.
Failure to follow this advice may result in electrical shock or death.
Take care - panel edges are sharp
Failure to use caution could result in injury or cuts.
Important Safety Instructions
- Electrical installation (including electrical grounding) must be done in accordance
- with the National Electrical Code, ANSI/NFPA70 – latest edition and/or local codes. In Canada: Electrical installation must be in accordance with the current CSA C22.1 Canadian Electrical Codes Part 1 and/or local codes. Particular attention shall be given to the relevant requirements regarding ventilation.
- Read these instructions carefully before installing this product.
- Save these instructions for the local electrical inspector’s use.
- Please leave these instructions with the appliance. Inform the customer to retain for future reference.
- Please make this information available to the person installing the appliance as it could reduce your installation costs.
- This appliance is to be installed and serviced only by an authorized person.
- Installation must comply with your local building and local electricity regulations.
- The manufacturer accepts no responsibility for the incorrect installation of appliances. Incorrect installation may result in personal injury, damage to property and may invalidate any warranty or liability claims.
- Do not modify this appliance.
- Do not use or store flammable materials on or near this appliance.
- Packing elements (eg plastic bags, polystyrene foam, staples, packing straps etc) and tools should not be left around during and after installation, especially if they are within easy reach of children, as these may cause serious injuries.
- Make sure you recycle the packaging material.
- Before disposing of any appliance, make sure that it can no longer be used and that all hazardous parts are removed or made harmless, so that children playing with the old appliance cannot harm themselves.
- Only genuine replacement parts may be used for servicing the appliance.
Before you install the appliance, please make sure that
- The countertop is made of a heat resistant material.
- The power supply cable is not accessible through cupboard doors or drawers.
- There is adequate flow of cool air from the cabinetry to the base of the cooktop. You may ventilate from adjacent cupboards, but ensure that the available air supply will not be restricted.
- The ventilation area must be at least two 2” / 50mm diameter holes or of an equivalent area. the isolating switch is easily accessible by the customer.
- You use heat-resistant and easy-to-clean finishes (such as ceramic tiles) for the wall surfaces surrounding the cooktop.
- The cooktop will not be installed directly above a dishwasher, fridge, freezer, washing machine or clothes dryer, as the humidity may damage the cooktop electronics.
- If the cooktop is installed above an oven, the oven has a built-in cooling fan.
- The installation will comply with all clearance requirements and applicable standards and regulations.
- You consult local building authorities and by-laws if in doubt regarding installation.
- To eliminate the risk of burns or fire by reaching over heated surface units, cabinet storage space located above the surface units should be avoided. If cabinet storage is to be provided, the risk can be reduced by installing a rangehood that projects horizontally a minimum of 5”/127mm beyond the bottom of the overhead cabinets.
When you install the appliance
- We do not recommend you flush mount or seal this appliance into the counter with silicone or glue. Doing so will make future servicing difficult. Fisher & Paykel will not be liable for any costs associated with removing or replacing a sealed-in appliance, nor for repairing any damage that may be incurred by doing this.
- Seal exposed bare edges of the cutout with an oil-based paint or moisture-proof polyurethane to prevent possible moisture creeping between the cooktop trim and the countertop.
- Take extreme care not to chip, crack, or break the top glass surfaces during installation. A heavy metal tool or part accidentally dropped on the glass could damage it.
- If, after following the instructions given, correct performance cannot be achieved, please contact your nearest Fisher & Paykel Authorised Service Centre, Customer Care, or contact us through our local website listed at the end of this document.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
The models shown in this installation guide may not be available in all markets and are subject to change at any time. For current details about model and specification availability in your country, please go to our website www.fisherpaykel.com or contact your local Fisher & Paykel dealer.