Electrical shock hazard
Always disconnect the appliance from the mains power supply before carrying out any maintenance or repairs. Connection to a good earth wiring system is essential and mandatory. Alterations to the domestic wiring system must only be made by a qualified electrician.
Failure to follow this advice may result in electrical shock or death.
Take care - panel edges are sharp.
Failure to use caution could result in injury or cuts.
Important Safety Instructions
This appliance shall be installed in accordance with the installation requirements of the local gas authority or the appropriate installation code or in the absence of local codes with the latest National Fuel Gas Code NFPA 54/ANSI Z223.1 or CAN/CSA B149.1,2 (Canada). Local building and electrical codes must be adhered to.
Electrical installation must be in accordance with the National Electrical Code, ANSI/ NFPA70 - latest edition or CSA C22.1 (Canada) and/or local codes.
Installation in manufactured (mobile) home: installation must conform with the Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standard, Title 24 CFR, Part 3280 [formerly the Federal Standard for Mobile Home Construction and Safety, Title 24, HUD (Part 280)] or, when such standard is not applicable, the Standard for Manufactured Home Installations, ANSI/NFPA 225, or with local codes where applicable.
Installation in Recreational Park Trailers: installation must conform with state or other codes or, in the absence of such codes, with the Standard for Recreational Park Trailers, ANSI A119.5.
Do not remove permanently affixed labels, warnings, or plates from the product. This may void the warranty.
Flexible appliance connectors shall meet the requirements of ANSI Z21.24 and State Boards. They shall not exceed 35 1/2 inches (900 mm) in length. In order to avoid hazard, these appliances must be installed according to these instructions.
This appliance must be installed by an authorized person (Warning: this appliance must be installed by a licensed plumber or gas fitter when within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts).
Please make this information available to the person installing the appliance as it could reduce your installation costs.
Please leave these instructions with the appliance. Inform the customer to retain for future reference and for the local inspectors’ use.
Failure to install the appliance correctly could invalidate any warranty or liability claims.
Leak testing of the appliance shall be conducted according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Only genuine replacement parts may be used for servicing the appliance. These are available from your nearest Fisher & Paykel Service Center.
Before you install the appliance, please make sure that
- the local distribution conditions (nature of gas and pressure) and the adjustment of the appliance are compatible. For adjustment conditions for this appliance, see ‘Gas rate summary’ under step 3.
- a suitable isolating switch is incorporated in the fixed wiring in an acceptable position.
- the appliance is connected to a power outlet that is electrically grounded in accordance with local codes or in the absence of local codes, with the National Electric Code ANSI/ NFPA 70 or CSA C22.2 (Canada).
- there is a power outlet (110-120V 60Hz) within reach of the appliance cable (35 1/2” (900mm) from the center rear of the appliance). This must be accessible after installation. The mains power supply cable should not touch any metal parts.
- the countertop is square and level and no structural members interfere with space requirements
- the countertop is made of heat-resistant material.
- you take note of the following recommended non-combustible materials: 1/4” (6 mm) flame retardant millboard covered with not less than No. 28 MSG sheet steel, 1/32” (0.4 mm) stainless steel, 1/32” (0.6 mm) aluminum or 1/32” (0.5 mm) copper.
- the gas shut-off valve is accessible after installation.
- if the power supply cable is damaged, it is replaced only by the special cable: Part no. 531954 FLEX TERMINAL BLOCK ASSY US, obtainable from authorized Fisher & Paykel Service Agents.