To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, injury to persons, or damage when using the appliance, follow the important safety instructions listed below:
Electrical Shock Hazard
Hot Surface Hazard
Important Safety Instructions!
- Read all the instructions before using the appliance. Use the appliance only for its intended purpose as described in these instructions.
- Be sure your appliance is properly installed and grounded by a qualified technician.
- Be sure to have the installer show you where and how to turn off the power supply to the cooktop (ie location of the main fuse or circuit breaker panel) and where and how to turn off the gas supply to the cooktop in an emergency.
- Keep children away from the cooktop when it is in use.
- Household appliances are not intended to be played with by children.
- Children of less than 8 years old must be kept away from the appliance unless continuously supervised. This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above, and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge, if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and they understand the hazards involved. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be done by children without supervision.
- If the electrical supply cord is damaged, it must only be replaced by an authorized person.
- If the appliance is connected to the gas supply with a flexible hose, make sure that the hose cannot come in contact with the bottom of the appliance or any sharp edges.
- Ensure that the electrical connection plug is accessible after installation.
- This appliance should be connected to a circuit that incorporates an isolating switch providing full disconnection from the electricity supply.
- Do not use an asbestos mat or decorative covers between the flame and the saucepan as this may cause serious damage to your cooktop.
- Do not place aluminium foil or plastic dishes on the cooktop burners or use aluminum foil to line any part of the cooktop.
- Do not let large saucepans, frying pans or woks push any other pans aside. This could make them unstable or deflect heat onto your countertop and damage the surface.
- For efficient and safe cooking, use cookware of the appropriate size for the different burners on this appliance. Select cookware with flat bottoms large enough to cover the burner flames. The use of undersize cookware will expose a portion of the burner flames to direct contact and may result in ignition of clothing.
- For safety reasons, the cooktop burner flame size should be adjusted so it does not extend beyond the edge of the cookware.
- Glazed cooking utensils – only certain types of glass, glass/ceramic, ceramic, earthenware, or other glazed utensils are suitable for cooktop service without breaking due to the sudden change in temperature.
- Do not use a steam cleaner for cleaning this cooktop.
- Clean only the parts listed in this manual.
- For proper lighting and performance of the cooktop burners, keep the burner ports clean. It may be necessary to clean these when there is a boil over or when the burner does not light, even though the electronic igniters click.
- Saucepan handles may be hot to touch. Ensure saucepan handles do not overhang other gas burners that are on. Keep handles out of reach of children.
- After use, ensure that the control knobs are in the OFF position.
- Where this appliance is installed in marine craft or in caravans, it shall not be used as a space heater.
- The use of a gas cooking appliance results in the production of heat and moisture in the room in which it is installed. Ensure the kitchen is well ventilated. Keep natural ventilation holes open or install a mechanical ventilation device (mechanical extractor hood). Prolonged intensive use of the appliance may call for additional ventilation, for example opening of a window, or more effective ventilation, for example increasing the level of mechanical ventilation where present.
- After having unpacked the appliance, check to ensure that it is not damaged.
- Be careful when reaching for items stored in cabinets above the appliance.
- Wear proper apparel – Loose-fitting or hanging garments should never be worn while using the appliance.
- In case of doubt, do not use the cooktop and consult your supplier or a professionally qualified technician.
- Packing elements (eg plastic bags, polystyrene foam, nails, packing straps, etc.) should not be left around within easy reach of children, as these may cause serious
- Do not modify this appliance.
- Some products are supplied with protective film on steel and aluminium parts. This film must be removed before using the appliance.
- Ensure the area around the gas cooktop is always clear of combustible materials, gasoline and other flammable vapors and liquids.
- Do not stand or place heavy objects on this gas appliance.
- For safety reasons, do not store items of interest to children above or at the back of the appliance – children climbing on the appliance to reach items could be seriously injured.
- When deep-frying in fat, be sure the pan is large enough to avoid boiling over from bubbling of the fat. Do not deep-fry foods with a high moisture content or food covered with frost.
- Do not let cooking grease or other flammable materials accumulate near the appliance.
- Do not repair or replace any part of the appliance unless specifically recommended in this user guide.
- You should not attempt to disassemble the burner and modify the original gas flow settings. Doing so is extremely dangerous and will void the warranty. All other servicing should be referred to a qualified technician. Technicians must disconnect the appliance from the power supply before any servicing.
- This appliance is to be serviced only by an authorized person.
- The Governor of California is required to publish a list of substances known to the state of California to cause cancer or reproductive harm and requires businesses to warn customers of potential exposures to such substances.
Gas appliances contain or produce substances which can cause death or serious illness and which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. To reduce the risk from substances in fuel or from fuel combustion, make sure this appliance is installed, operated, and maintained according to the manufacturer’s instructions.