Setting the Temperature for Meat Probe
The meat probe is supplied with some models only. For other models it may be purchased separately. For further information or to purchase a meat probe, contact Customer Care, your authorized service centre or visit our website: fisherpaykel.com.
Use your meat probe to accurately judge when meat is perfectly cooked. The meat probe will gauge the core temperature of the meat and will stop cooking when the selected temperature has been reached.
Only use the meat probe that has been supplied for this oven.
|Food||Minimum Internal Temperature|
|Beef, Veal, Lamb, Pork||165°F 74°C|
|Chicken, Turkey||165°F 74°C|
|Beef, Veal, Lamb|
Roasts and Steaks Rare
|Well Done||160°F 71°C|
|Chops, Roasts, Ribs Medium||160°F 71°C|
|Well Done||171°F 77°C|
|Fresh Sausages||165°F 74°C|
|Whole Chicken or Chicken Pieces||171°F 77°C|
|Turkey Breast||171°F 77°C|
- To avoid burns, use a kitchen glove to fit and remove the meat probe when the oven is hot.
- Always remove the probe using the grip. Removing it by pulling the cable, may cause damage.
- Make sure food is completely defrosted before using the probe.
- The meat probe is not enabled for all functions, for example the meat probe function cannot be used when using the recipe function.
- If the meat probe is fitted during a function it is not enabled for, a removal message will appear on the display.
- If the meat probe is accidentally removed during operation, a warning message appears on the display.
- The temperature of the probe can be set between 104°F (40°C) and 212°F (100°C).
- The oven stores the last temperature set by the user.
- The probe socket is located in the upper left corner of the oven cavity, protected by a metal cover.
- Prior to turning the oven on, remove the cover and insert the probe connection all the way in.
- The probe should click into place.
- The probe will not work if it is connected when the oven is already turned on.
- Keep the metal cover in a safe place when using the meat probe, as this will need to be re-inserted for use in other cooking modes.
Insert the tip of the probe into the center of the thickest part of the fully defrosted meat. The thicker the meat, the longer it will take to cook, so it is important that the probe is measuring the temperature of the meat at its thickest point. Make sure the probe does not touch bone, fat or gristle, as these will heat up more quickly than the lean meat. The meat probe icon will appear on the display . When a cooking mode is selected with the probe inserted, a display page will appear where you can select the settings for the meat probe.
- Select the cooking mode and then press to set the oven temperature and press to confirm.
- Set the required probe temperature by pressing and confirm your selection by pressing .
3. Cooking will start and all probe cooking details appear on the screen.
A - Cooking Mode
B - Actual Temperature
C - Set Temperature
D - Set Probe Temperature
E - Current Probe Temperature
Once the set probe temperature is reached, the oven switches off and a tone indicates that cooking is completed.
After cooking has started, the oven temperature can be changed at any time by pressing .
To change the probe temperature, press and then press .
Change the temperature by pressing and confirm your selection by pressing .