Before you start
- It is important to sort your clothes, particularly separating white/light colours from dark colours, as well as separating out sheets and towels (refer to ‘Sorting and Loading’).
- Wash new, highly coloured and dark coloured items separately to prevent dye transfer onto other items.
- Sort lint givers and lint collectors (refer to the ‘Sorting’).
- Close bra clasps, do up zippers and check pockets.
- Place your clothes directly into the wash bowl.
- Place the load evenly around the agitator (refer to ‘Sorting and Loading’).
- Remove fabric softener dispenser cup.
If you wish to use fabric softener, place it in the fabric softener dispenser cup on the top of the agitator (refer to the ‘Fabric softener’ section).
Using your washer
- Press ‘Power’ to activate your WashSmart™ washer.
- Select your desired wash cycle by pressing the wash cycle button of your choice (refer to ‘Wash cycles’ section).
- Choose your wash options, eg you may want a ‘Warm’ wash temperature and a ‘Slow’ spin speed (refer to the ‘Wash options’ section).
- Use to advance through to the desired part of the wash cycle.
- Press to start the cycle. The washer will start to fill with water and select the correct wash action for your load. For best fabric and colour care, remove your clothes as soon as the cycle has finished.
- ‘Delay Start’ allows you to delay the start of your wash by 1, 3 or 9 hours (refer to the ‘Wash options’ section).
If you wish to stop your WashSmart™ washer
- Press .
During a spray rinse or spin, there will be a slight delay while the bowl slows to a stop and the lid is unlocked.
Failure to follow the advice in this guide may result in damage to your garments, and your expectations of wash performance may not be met.