Please read and follow the ‘Safety and warnings’ and ‘installation instructions’ sections carefully before using your cooker!
Product and minimum clearance dimensions
|Maximum capacity (kg)
||Note: maximum capacity may differ according to market, and the associated standards.
To ensure the best performance from your new washer please follow the instructions below.
Removing the packaging
- Remove the outer packaging.
- Tilt the washer backwards and walk it off the base packer one foot at a time (ensure the lid is still taped down).
- Remove the base packer from under the washer by tilting the washer backwards and pulling the packer out the front.
- Remove the tape, lift the lid and remove the bowl packer from the bowl.
- Remove the hoses and accessories.
- Keep the base packer and bowl packer in case they are required for future transit.
Tilt washer backwards to remove packer
||Please ensure that the base packer has been removed BEFORE OPERATING your washer.
||Install the washer on a solid and level floor surface ensuring it has at least 20mm clearance on each side. The washer must not be installed on any textured floor coverings (eg carpets, rugs).
In your washer you will find:
- 1 hose guide.
- 2 inlet hoses.
- 4 rubber foot inserts (if not already inserted into the feet of the washer).
- User guide
- Carefully pull the drain hose out from the back of the washer by pulling the exposed part of the hose downward and outward.
- To guide the drain hose over the tub or standpipe the hose guide MUST be fitted to the drain hose.
To prevent siphoning the drain hose should not extend more than 20mm from the end of the guide. The height of the standpipe or tub should be between 850 – 1200mm. The drain hose can be trimmed to length.
- Place the drain hose in the tub or standpipe. Do not fit the hose to a drain spigot. Drainage must not be airtight in order to prevent siphoning.
Fitting the drain hose guide
- This appliance must be supplied with a 220 – 240V, 50Hz, sinusoidal, 10A electrical supply.
- Check the power cord for damage, making sure it is not squashed or twisted.
- A damaged power cord must be replaced by a Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician, in order to avoid a hazard.
- The appliance must not be operated until it is repaired, as there is a risk of electric shock.
- Regularly check that your standpipe or tub is free from lint or other obstructions, which may affect how your washer works or may cause flooding.
- In multi-storey apartments or any upper floor, the washer should be installed on a floor equipped with a drain.
- Draining must comply with local by-laws.
||Your cold water should not exceed 35°C and your hot water should not exceed 65°C. Temperatures above these may cause the washer to fault or cause damage to the washer.
- If you have an uncontrolled water heating source (eg a wet back or solar heating system) you should fit a tempering valve. This will ensure the hot water temperature remains within safe limits.
- Contact your registered plumber to select and install the tempering valve.
- Inlet water static pressure: Max. 1MPa (150psi) Min. 34KPa (5psi)
- Inlet water flow rate at tap: Min. 6 litres/min
- This appliance must be installed in accordance with the installation instructions before use.
- Provide accessibility to the plug or incorporate a switch in the fixed wiring in accordance with the wiring rules to allow disconnection of the appliance from the supply after installation.
- Do not operate this washer if it has been damaged during transport. Contact your Fisher & Paykel dealer or Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician.
WARNING: Failure to adhere to the following instructions may result in a flood and damage to property.
- New hose sets provided with the washer shall be used to connect the washer to the water supply.
- Old hose sets should not be used.
- We recommend replacing the inlet hoses every 5 years.
- Hoses should be checked from time to time and replaced if any wear, cuts, bulges, kinks or leaks are found.
Inlet hose ends
Connect the straight ends of the inlet hoses to the taps (there are washers fitted in both ends). Connect the red connector hose to Hot, and the white connector hose to Cold.
- Connect the elbow ends of the inlet hoses to the corresponding washer inlet valves. Inlet valves are marked on the back of the washer. Ensure the Hot valve is connected to the hot tap and the Cold valve is connected to the cold tap.
H = Hot C = Cold
Cold water supply only:
If you only have a cold water supply, a blanking cap MUST be connected to the Hot inlet valve. The cap prevents water leaking out of the hot valve. The cap is available from your Fisher & Paykel dealer or Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician, Part No. 388491P. This appliance incorporates backflow protection complying with AS3500.1. No further backflow protection is required for connection to the water supply.
||Your washer does not have an internal heater to heat water.
Should you wish to use cold water only for all wash cycles, refer to ‘Customising the wash cycles’ on how to program your washer to remember your wash preferences.
It is IMPORTANT to level the washer to ensure good spin performance.
||After levelling, the corners of the washer should be clear of the floor and the washer must not rock in any direction.
Levelling your washer
- If not already installed, fit the rubber inserts into all 4 feet on the base of the washer.
- Move the washer to its final position (we suggest a minimum clearance of 20mm each side).
- Adjust all four feet (wind down) so the washer is level and does not rock.
Adjusting the levelling feet
To check if your washer is level:
- Look down on the wash bowl and make sure it sits slightly forward of centre (see Diagram 1).
- Close the lid.
- Visually check that the lid fits evenly on both sides. If it does not look like the diagram in the middle, adjust one of the feet slightly until it matches. The diagram on the top and bottom are not correct (see Diagram 2).
To check levelling look down on the wash bowl
To access levelling, check lid alignment
||If moving or transporting your washer in the future, ensure you tape the lid down beforehand.
Completing your installation
- Turn on the water and check all hose connections for leaks. Make sure there are no kinks in the hoses. Check the hose connections for leaks again after 24 hours.
- Uncoil power cord, remove and discard the plastic pin cover, and plug into wall socket.
- Connect the appliance to an earthed outlet protected by a fuse of suitable capacity.
||Do not touch or operate the washer with wet hands or with bare feet.
Accessories and Spare Parts
|Available from your Fisher & Paykel dealer or a Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician.
||Part No. 388491P
|Hose Inlet Long (2m)
||Part No. 422680P
|Hose Inlet Large Bore
||Part No. 426123P
|Drain Hose Extension
||Part No. 425627P
||If the power cord of your clothes washer is damaged it is highly recommended that it is replaced by a Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician in order to avoid a hazard, as it is not a standard power cord.