Choosing the right detergent
- We recommend using domestic laundry detergent. Use powder or liquid detergent for “Top Loader” machines.
- When washing wool items, remember to use a detergent specifically recommended for woollens.
- Soap flakes or granulated soap powders should not be used in your washer.
How much detergent?
Follow the instructions on the back of the detergent packet as a guide to the correct amount of detergent to use. The correct amount of detergent will vary, depending on the amount of soil in your clothes and the size of your load. Jeans and work clothes may need more detergent, while towels usually need less. The larger your machine, the more detergent you may have to add.
Adding the detergent
Liquid or powdered detergents
- Remove the fabric softener dispenser cup.
- Pour liquid or powder detergent down the centre of the agitator. Pre-dissolving detergent in warm water (before adding it to the machine) when washing in cold water can improve the performance of the detergent.
- Replace the fabric softener dispenser cup (this prevents small articles falling down the centre of the agitator).
Fig.14 Adding your detergent
We do not recommend you use nappy sanitisers or bleach to soak items in your WashSmart™ washer. These products are very corrosive to metal surfaces and may seriously damage your machine.