Choosing the right detergent
- We recommend using domestic laundry detergent. Use powder or liquid detergent for ‘Top Loader’ washers.
- When washing wool items, remember to use a detergent specifically recommended for woollens.
- Soap flakes or granulated soap powders should not be used in your washer.
- Pods - Detergent pods are a ‘no mess’ alternative to powdered or liquid detergent.
They should be placed down the centre of the agitator.
How much detergent?
Follow the instructions on the back of the detergent packet as a guide to the correct amount of detergent to use. The correct amount of detergent will vary, depending on the amount of soil in your clothes and the size of your load. Jeans and work clothes may need more detergent, while towels usually need less. The larger your load, the more detergent you may have to add.
Adding the detergent
- Remove the fabric softener dispenser cup.
- Place detergent down the centre of the agitator. Pre-dissolving detergent in warm water (before adding it to the washer) when washing in cold water can improve the performance of the detergent.
- Replace the fabric softener dispenser cup (this prevents small articles falling down the centre of the agitator).
Adding your detergent
Read and follow the detergent manufacturer’s instructions carefully. Instructions on how to use the detergent will be clearly indicated on the pack. Remember to store your detergents out of the reach of children.