Electric Shock Hazard
If you are using an extension cord or a portable electrical outlet device (eg multi-socket outlet box), ensure that it is positioned so that it does not come into contact with water or moisture.
Failure to do so may result in death or electrical shock.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using this appliance always exercise basic safety precautions including the following:
This clothes washer is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they are supervised or given instructions on how to use the clothes washer by someone responsible for their safety, and they understand the hazards involved.
- The clothes washer should only be used for washing and rinsing of textiles where this is indicated on the care label.
- Keep children away from the clothes washer while it is in operation.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be completed by children without supervision.
- The only user removable parts of the clothes washer are the inlet hoses and agitator. No other parts are designed to be removed by anyone other than a Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician.
- The lid will be locked for stages of the cycle for safety reasons.
- Never force open the lid.
- When disposing of the clothes washer, it is recommended that the lid is taped down to avoid children getting trapped inside, and that the electrical cable is cut off close to the clothes washer.
- Do not add gasoline, dry-cleaning solvents, or other flammable or explosive substances to the wash water. These substances give off vapours that could ignite or explode.
- Do not wash articles that have been previously cleaned in, washed in, soaked in, or spotted with gasoline, dry-cleaning solvents, or other flammable or explosive substances as they give off vapours that could ignite or explode.