Before you start
- It is important to sort your clothes, particularly separating white/light colours from dark colours, as well as separating out sheets and towels. Refer to the ‘Sorting and Loading’ section for more details on sorting and loading.
- Wash new, highly coloured and dark coloured items separately to prevent dye transfer onto other items.
- Sort lint givers and lint collectors (refer to the ‘Sorting and Loading’ section).
- Close bra clasps, do up zippers and check pockets.
- Place your clothes directly into the wash bowl.
- Don’t wrap sheets around the bowl like a snake, drop them in as loose parcels to the side of the low profile agitator, and in layers (refer to the ‘Sorting and Loading’ section).
- Although your CleanSmart™ washer is a top-loading machine, this High Efficiency washer has been designed for use with Low Sudsing, ‘HE’ or ‘Front Loader’ type detergent.
- CleanSmart™ washer offers a detergent dispenser for your convenience, located on the front, left hand side of the top deck.
- For the correct detergent dose, please follow the manufacturer’s directions outlined on the detergent package.
- Pour the detergent down the detergent dispenser.
- For more information on detergent, fabric softener and the ‘Wash Boost’ options please refer to the ‘Fabric Softener’ and ‘Wash Boost’ sections.
Using your washer
The buttons require only a gentle touch to activate.
- Touch ‘Power’ to activate your CleanSmart™ washer.
- Select your desired wash cycle by turning the SmartTouch™ Control Dial. The wash cycle icons will illuminate as you turn the dial showing which cycle is selected (refer to the ‘Wash cycles’ section).
- ‘High Efficiency’ – this allows you to select either a high efficiency (‘High Efficiency, On’ – to save water) or conventional cycle (‘High Efficiency, Off’ – to use more water when needed) (refer to the ‘CleanSmart™ wash’ section).
- Choose your wash options, eg you may want a ‘Warm’ wash temperature and a ‘Slow’ spin (refer to the ‘Wash Options’ section).
- Touch to start the cycle and let your CleanSmart™ washer do the rest for you. The washer will start to fill with water and will automatically select the correct water level and wash action for your load.
Constant interruptions to the cycle, such as touching will increase the time taken to complete the cycle and may result in poorer wash performance.
For best fabric and colour care, remove your clothes as soon as the cycle has finished.
- Use ‘Keylock’ to lock the buttons on the control panel, preventing them from being activated accidently (refer to the ‘CleanSmart™ washer controls’ section).
- ‘Delay Start’ allows you to delay the start of your wash by 5 mins up to 18 hours (refer to the ‘Wash options’ section).
If you wish to stop your CleanSmart™ washer
- Touch .
During a spray rinse or spin there will be a slight delay while the bowl slows to a stop before the lid is unlocked.
Failure to follow the advice in this guide may result in damage to your garments, and your expectations of wash performance may not be met.