Before you start
- It is important to sort your clothes, particularly separating white/light colours from dark colours, as well as separating out sheets and towels. Refer to 'Sorting and Loading' for more details.
- Wash new, highly coloured and dark coloured items separately to prevent dye transfer onto other items.
- Sort lint givers and lint collectors (refer to 'Sorting and Loading').
- Close bra clasps, do up zippers and check pockets.
- Place your clothes directly into the wash bowl.
- Don’t wrap sheets around the bowl like a snake, drop them in as loose parcels to the side of the low profile agitator, and in layers (refer to 'Sorting and Loading').
- Although your CleanSmartTM is a top-loading machine, this High Efficiency washer has been designed for use with liquid Low Sudsing, ‘HE’ or ‘Front Loader’ type detergent.
- CleanSmartTM offers a detergent dispenser for your convenience, located on the front, left hand side of the top deck.
- For the correct detergent dose, please follow the manufacturer’s directions outlined on the detergent package.
- Pour the detergent down the detergent dispenser.
- For more information, go to 'Detergent', 'Fabric Softener' and 'Wash Boost'.
Fig. 9 CleanSmart control panel
Using your washer
The buttons require only a gentle touch to activate.
Touch POWER to activate your CleanSmartTM washer.
Select your desired wash cycle by turning the SmartTouch Control Dial. The wash cycle icons will illuminate as you turn the dial, showing which cycle is selected (refer to 'Wash Cycles' for details).
High Efficiency - this allows you to select either a high efficiency (High Efficiency On – to save water) or conventional cycle (High Efficiency Off – to use more water when needed) (refer to 'The unique CleanSmart™ wash').
Choose your wash options. For example, if you would like a warm wash temperature, touch the WASH TEMP button until the light next to ‘Warm’ is lit. If you wish to use fabric softener, ensure SOFTENER is selected in OPTIONS (refer to 'Wash cycle options').
Touch START / PAUSE to start the cycle and let CleanSmart™ do the rest for you. The washer will start to fill with water and will automatically select the correct water level and wash action for your load.
Constant interruptions to the cycle, such as touching START / PAUSE will increase the time taken to complete the cycle and may result in poorer wash performance.
Use KEYLOCK to lock the buttons on the control panel, preventing them from being activated accidently (refer to 'CleanSmart™ controls').
DELAY START allows you to delay the start of your wash by 5 mins up to 18 hours (refer to 'Wash cycle options').
- For best fabric and colour care, remove your clothes as soon as the cycle has finished.
Failure to follow the advice in this guide may result in damage to your garments and your expectations of wash performance may not be met.