Your safety is important to us. Please read this information before using your washer.
Electric Shock Hazard
Important Safety Instructions
When using your clothes washer, follow basic precautions, including the following:
- This clothes washer is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they are supervised or given instructions on how to use the washer by someone responsible for their safety.
- The washer should only be used for washing and rinsing of textiles where this is indicated on the care label.
- The door will be locked from the start of the cycle until the cycle is complete for safety reasons. It is possible to open the door during the cycle under certain conditions (refer to 'Safety features').
- Never force the door open.
- Keep children away from the washer while it is in operation.
- Supervise children to ensure they do not play with the washer or climb inside the drum.
- Do not touch the glass part of the door during a cycle as the door can become hot.
- Do not open the detergent dispenser during the cycle as hot water may come out of it.
- The only user-removable parts of the washer are the inlet hose(s), detergent dispenser and the pump filter. No other parts are designed to be removed by anyone other than a Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician.
- When disposing of the washer, it is recommended that the door is removed to avoid children getting trapped inside, and that the electrical cable is cut off close to the washer.
- Do not add gasoline, dry-cleaning solvents, or other flammable or explosive substances to the wash water. These substances give off vapours that could ignite or explode.
- Do not wash articles that have been previously cleaned in, washed in, soaked in, or spotted with gasoline, dry-cleaning solvents, or other flammable or explosive substances as they give off vapours that could ignite or explode.