Wash cycle options
All wash cycles default to the recommended options for that cycle based on the average expected load to be washed. You can vary the options (eg ‘Wash Temp’, ‘Spin Speed’) to create your desired cycle.
Some options are not available on some cycles, for clothes care reasons, or because the option is not appropriate for the cycle.
Your washer offers five wash temperatures:
- Simply touch the ‘Wash Temp’ button to increase or decrease the wash temperature.
- The washer will fill with both hot and cold water (if possible) to achieve the selected wash temperature. If required, ie for cold supply or cold connection only, the washer will heat the water to the selected temperature.
- Some temperatures are not available on some cycles as a safeguard for your clothes
- (eg 90°C on the ‘Delicate’ cycle).
When 90°C temperature is selected, the door glass will become hot. Do not touch the glass part of the door. Keep children away from the washer.
Time Saver (WH8560F and WH8060F models only)
Your washer offers a ‘Time Saver’ feature that when selected adjusts the cycle programming, by combining special temperature profiling and a unique tumble sequence. The result – excellent wash performance combined with time savings.
This option can be selected on the ‘Everyday’, ‘Cottons’, ‘Heavy’, ‘Easy Iron’, ‘Allergy’ and ‘Sports’ cycles.
Please be aware that a number of factors can influence the amount of time saved on a cycle, including the load size, cycle chosen, water flow rate and load distribution during spin.
- Your WH8560F, WH8060F, WH8560P, WH8060P or WH7560P model of washer offers four spin speeds: 500 rpm, 800 rpm, 1100 rpm and 1400 rpm, plus an additional ‘No Spin’ option.
- Your WH8560J or WH7560J model of washer offers three spin speeds: 500 rpm, 800 rpm, 1200 rpm, plus an additional ‘No Spin’ option.
- Simply increase or decrease the spin speed by touching the ‘Spin Speed’ button.
- Selecting ‘No Spin’ will end the cycle after the rinse, allowing you to remove items you wish to drip dry. Note: the washer will complete the default wash and rinse spins for the cycle; only the final spin will not be completed. If you have removed the items you wish to drip dry and there are items remaining that you would like to proceed to spin, press ‘POWER’ and select the ‘Spin’ cycle. If necessary, modify the spin speed to best care for your load (ie spin delicate items at 500 rpm for best garment care).
Soil Level (WH8560P, WH8060P and WH7560P models only)
The ‘Soil Level’ option lets you adjust the wash to suit the amount of soil in your load. For example, select ‘Heavy’ for dirty clothes; for items that are only lightly soiled, select ‘Light’. This adjusts the wash time accordingly to give the load the right amount of agitation to remove the soil.
For extra dirty loads you can perform a ‘Pre Wash’. Your washer will start the wash with a short wash in cool water to remove excess soil. After this the machine will drain and then fill at the selected temperature for the main wash.
Simply touch the ‘Wash Boost’ button and select ‘Pre Wash’ when choosing your wash options.
‘Pre Wash’ cannot be selected after a wash cycle has been started, ie if you touch and try to select ‘Pre Wash’ it will be unavailable. ‘Pre Wash’ must be selected at the start of the cycle.
If you use the ‘Pre Wash’ option, liquid or powdered detergent needs to be placed in the correct detergent compartment. The pre wash compartment is on the right hand side of the drawer, marked or 1. When you select ‘Pre Wash’, the compartment is flushed at the start of the cycle.
WH8560F, WH8060F, WH8560P, WH8060P and WH7560P models only
The detergent for the main wash can either be a powder or a liquid. Place this in the compartment marked . If using liquid, ensure the internal compartment is installed.
WH8560J and WH7560J models only
The detergent for the main wash MUST be a powder, and should be placed in the compartment marked 2.
If you have a particularly dirty load, or you have sensitive skin and wish to give your clothes an extra rinse, select ‘Rinse+’ from the ‘Wash Boost’ options. Your load will undergo an extra rinse to get rid of any residual detergent or soil in the items.
‘Rinse+’ will not be available if the ‘Eco’/’Eco Rinse’ option has been selected.
Soak (WH8560F and WH8060F models only)
A soak option is available on selected wash cycles. When this option is chosen the machine will add a one hour soak sequence, which combines periods of tumbling with soaking to help lift stubborn stains.
If ‘Soak’ and ‘Time Saver’ are selected in the same cycle, the soak duration will be reduced to 30 minutes.
‘Soak’ is not available on ‘Wool’, ‘Drum Clean’, or ‘Super Quick’ cycles.
Wrinkle Free (WH8560F, WH8060F, WH8560P WH8060P and WH7560P models only)
We recommend you remove the clothes from the washer immediately after the completion of the cycle to minimise wrinkling and creasing of items and to prevent dye run. However, if you will not be present at the end of the wash you can select ‘Wrinkle Free’.
When ‘Wrinkle Free’ is selected, the washer will tumble the clothes once every
15 minutes for up to 12 hours after the cycle has finished. The ‘Wrinkle Free’ light and button will flash, and the washer will beep at regular intervals to remind you to remove your load. To remove the load during this phase, simply press the button.
Use the ‘Eco’/’Eco Rinse’ option to save water and energy. Selecting ‘Eco’/’Eco Rinse’ will reduce the wash temperature slightly and alter the wash and rinse programming.
This option will not be available if ‘Pre Wash’ has been selected.
- If you wish to, you can select both the ‘Pre Wash’ and ‘Rinse+’ ‘Wash Boost’ options to perform on the same cycle. Likewise, you can select ‘Eco’/’Eco Rinse’ and ‘Wrinkle Free’ to perform on the same cycle. Touch the appropriate button until both options are selected. Repeat to deselect an option.
- For clothes care and performance reasons not all options may be available on some cycles.
Add a Garment (WH8560F, WH8060F, WH8560P, WH8060P and WH7560P models only)
The ‘Add a Garment’ option enables you to add or remove items during the wash stage of the cycle, under certain conditions. Once the ‘Add a Garment’ button is touched, the button and time to go will flash. Wait until you hear the door unlock. Open the door and add or remove items. Close the door and touch to restart the cycle. The ‘Add a Garment’ button will only operate during the wash part of the cycle and when the temperature selected is lower than 60°C. ‘Add a Garment’ can be used when the total wash volume has been reached, as your washer will drain the water to a lower level if necessary, so the door can be opened.
This option enables you to deactivate the buttons on the display panel, except for the ‘Power’ and ‘Keylock’ buttons. This prevents accidental button presses.
To turn Keylock mode ON or OFF when the washer is powered on:
- Touch and hold the button for 2 seconds.
when activated, the light above the button is illuminated.
If Keylock mode is activated and the machine is powered off:
- To turn your washer on, press the ‘POWER’ button, then touch and hold the for two seconds. Select your wash cycle, options and then touch to start the cycle.
- To turn the washer off at anytime when keylock is activated simply press the ‘POWER’ button.
The ‘Delay Start’ option enables you to delay the start of the wash cycle from between 5 minutes and 12 hours. Times you can select are 5 min, 15 min, 30 min, 1 hour, then hourly up to 12 hours. This can be useful to time your washing to finish when you arrive home from work, or to start once you have finished in the shower. Some stain removers also require you to spray them on then leave for several minutes, before washing. Your washer will wait for the selected time then start without you having to wait or remember to start your machine.
To programme a ‘Delay Start’ time, simply touch the ‘More’ button to increase the delay time and ‘Less’ button to decrease the time or turn ‘Delay Start’ off. Touch to confirm your selection and start the countdown. Once started, the time will count down on the digital display screen in 1 minute increments, the ‘Delay Start’ light will flash and the light will stop flashing and turn on solid.
If you hold the ‘More’ button down, the time displayed on the screen will increase after every half a second (more convenient than touching the button repetitively).
To remove a ‘Delay Start’ time once it is counting down, simply touch , then touch the ‘Less’ button to decrease the time to zero. Touch to start the cycle immediately.
We suggest that you avoid using ‘Delay Start’ for damp, non-colourfast items as this may cause dye run to occur. We also recommend you use powder detergent when you use the ‘Delay Start’ function (WH8560J and WH7560J models only).