Stainless exterior doors
- Clean the exterior door with liquid dishwashing detergent dissolved in warm water and a soft cloth.
- Dry the door with a lint-free cloth.
- The use of any abrasive or stainless steel cleaners and solvents will damage the door surface.
Other exterior surfaces
- Clean all other exterior surfaces with a mix of warm water and liquid dishwashing detergent, and a soft cloth.
- If necessary, clean the magnetic door gasket, the centre door gasket and the recessed handles with an old toothbrush, warm water and liquid dishwashing detergent.
- To maximise operating efficiency regularly vacuum the flooring around your appliance.
- Cleaning behind the appliance is required once or twice a year. More frequent cleaning may be necessary for dusty homes or those with pets shedding hair.
- To do this wind up the feet and carefully ease the refrigerator out of its position. Switch off and unplug.
- Vacuum the flooring behind your appliance to remove dust accumulation. Use a dry lint-free cloth to clean the appliance walls and surrounding cabinetry.
- After cleaning, plug in and switch on. Push the appliance into position and wind feet down.
Electric Shock Hazard. Do not remove rear compartment cover. This may expose you to the risk of an electric shock.
Water evaporator tray
- The water evaporator tray is found above the compressor at the back of the refrigerator or freezer. The tray may require infrequent cleaning.
- Carefully move the refrigerator or freezer out from the wall.
- Switch off the appliance.
- We do not recommend that you remove the evaporator tray. If cleaning is required, excess water can be soaked up from the evaporator tray using a sponge. Wipe out with warm water and detergent or disinfectant.
- Switch on the appliance and reposition the refrigerator.
- It is important to keep the interior of the refrigerator and freezer clean to help prevent food from becoming contaminated during storage.
- The amount and types of food stored determines how often cleaning should be carried out in the refrigerator (ideally once every 1 – 2 weeks).
- Remove the shelves from cabinet and door. Wash shelves and storage bins in warm water and detergent; rinse in clean water and dry before replacing.
- Wipe over the interior surfaces with warm water and liquid dishwashing detergent. Alternatively you can use 1tsp baking soda dissolved in 500ml of warm water. Rinse with clean water.
- To help remove “old stale refrigerator” smells add a few drops of vanilla essence or vinegar to the water before cleaning.
- Clean interior surfaces with warm water and liquid dishwashing detergent. Use a toothbrush for the magnetic door gasket.
- Do not use harsh, abrasive cloths on any part of the refrigerator or freezer.
Clean with warm water and detergent or a glass cleaner.
Bottle holder (where fitted)
Clean with warm water and detergent. The use of abrasive cleaners and solvents may cause damage.
Many commercially available cleaning products contain solvents that may attack the plastic components of your refrigerator and cause them to crack. It is important to use only warm water and a small amount of liquid dishwashing detergent on any components inside and outside your refrigerator. Avoid using anti-bacterial cleaning products on either the interior or exterior of the cabinet as they may cause rusting of metal components and cracking of plastic components.
Humidity Control System (where fitted)
In the event that the humidity control lid (plastic lid) and humidity slides become separated from the glass shelf, follow these instructions to reassemble.
Humidity Control System cleaning
To remove trays or fixed bins
To replace trays or fixed bins
With the runners pushed back into the refrigerator, place the tray/bin on top of the runners. Push the tray/bin back slowly until you feel it clip back onto the runners.
Roll out fruit and vegetable bin (E415H model)
- Remove for cleaning by pulling out the compartment until it stops, lifting and then continuing to slide it forward until it is fully extended.
- Rest the door front on the floor and with the refrigerator compartment door open, remove the tray, divider rack and bin. Wash with warm water and detergent.
- Rinse, dry and replace.
Lower shelf in models with roll out fruit and vegetable bin (E415H model)
Ensure that trays and bins are securely clipped onto the runners before use.
Bin and tray runners are pre-lubricated, and will not need to be re-lubricated during their life. Do not attempt to clean grease from the runners, as this will affect their ability to function. Do not immerse runners in water.
We recommend you leave your refrigerator or freezer operating while you are on holiday.