Your ice maker is designed to automatically dispense ice until it senses that the bin is full. So the more ice you use, the more it makes. It is even clever enough to sense when there is no bin in place to catch the ice and it will not dispense any ice.
Turning ice maker on
If the bin is full of ice, inserted incorrectly or if all bins are removed, the ice maker will not operate. When the bin is inserted correctly the scoop will be on the right hand side of the bin for models E402B, E442B, E522B, RF402B, RF442B, RF522A, RF522W and RF522B and at the front of the bin for RF610A/RF540A models.
E402B, E442B, E522B, RF402B, RF442B, RF522A, RF522W and RF522B
RF610A/RF540A Ice storage bin and scoop in correct position
Information about your ice maker
- Your automatic ice maker will produce approximately eight cubes of ice every
- 3 – 4 hours, depending on the freezer compartment temperature and the number of door openings.
- When the ‘Ice Boost’ function is activated, ice production will increase up to 30% from standard ice making.
- The ice cube tray will fill with water.
- When cubes are frozen, they will be ejected from the ice tray into the ice storage bin.
- Ice making will continue until the storage bin is full.
- Ice making will resume once you start to use the stored ice.
- Your Ice & Water product comes with a smaller ice bin inside the larger freezer bin.
Attached to the ice storage bin is the hygienic scoop for the ice. This scoop provides hygienic access to the ice.
- If a large amount of ice is required, remove an ice storage bin and allow ice to fall into the larger bin.
- For maximum ice storage, level the stored cubes with the ice scoop.
- If ice is not used often, old cubes will become cloudy, taste stale, will shrink and may stick together. Empty the ice storage bin periodically and wash in lukewarm water. Dry thoroughly and place back into the correct position.
- Avoid contact with the moving parts of the ice maker ejector mechanism, and do not place your fingers on the automatic ice making mechanism while the refrigerator is in operation.
- Do not use ice cubes that may have become discoloured, usually with a green-blue colour. If such discolouration is noted, discard the ice cubes and contact your Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician.
- Ensure the ice maker is connected to the filter and to a drinkable water supply only.
- Installation of the water connection to the ice maker must be completed by a Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician or a qualified plumber.