Your automatic ice maker is designed to dispense ice cubes into the ice storage bin below until it senses the bin is full. If you require more ice, the storage bin can be removed and ice will dispense into the top freezer bin.
Before you start using you automatic ice maker
- When you first turn your refrigerator on after installation, the ice maker will be off.
- To activate your automatic ice maker, press the ‘Ice On/Off’ button once. The LED light above the button will illuminate indicating ice maker is on.
- Press and hold , and together for 4 seconds then close the doors. The ice tray will flip twice and empty the water into the bin below. The ice tray will flip only after the doors are closed.
- Force another cycle, this step helps remove any manufacturing and transportation dust in the ice tray.
- Empty the water and correctly replace the bin, ensuring the scoop is located at the front of the bin.
- Once your ice maker is in operation, discard the first three harvests of ice (eight ice cubes are produced per harvest). This will flush away any impurities in the water line and ensure that you get the best quality ice. We recommend that you also do this after vacations or extended periods of not using ice.
- We recommend that you turn the ice maker off if:
– The water supply is going to be off for several hours,
– The ice storage bin is to be removed for a period of time,
– You are going on holiday/vacation.
Information about your automatic ice maker
- Your Ice & Water product comes with a ice storage bin located inside the top freezer bin, and a hygienic scoop for ice. This scoop provides hygienic access to clean, clear ice cubes.
- Your automatic ice maker will produce approximately eight cubes of ice every 3 – 4 hours, depending on the freezer compartment temperature and the number of door openings.
- The ice cube tray will fill with filtered water.
- When cubes are frozen, they will be dispensed from the ice tray and into the ice storage bin below.
- Ice making will continue until the storage bin is full, and only resume once you start to use the stored ice.
- When the ‘Ice Boost’ function is activated, ice production will increase up to 30%* from standard ice making. This function automatically deactivates after 24 hours.
*Dependent on your current temperature settings.
- If large amounts of ice are required, remove an ice storage bin and allow ice to fill the top freezer bin.
- For maximum ice storage, level the stored cubes with the ice scoop.
- If ice is not used often, old cubes will become cloudy, taste stale, will shrink and may stick together. Empty the ice storage bin periodically and wash in lukewarm water. Dry thoroughly and place back into the correct position.
- Avoid contact with the moving parts of the ice maker ejector mechanism, and do not place your fingers on the automatic ice making mechanism while the refrigerator is in operation.
- Do not use ice cubes that may have become discoloured, usually with a green- blue colour. If such discolouration is noted, discard the ice cubes and contact your fisher & Paykel Authorised Repairer.
- Ensure the ice maker is connected to the filter cartridge and to a potable water supply only.
- Installation of the water connection to the ice maker must be completed by a qualified service technician or a qualified plumber.