Your ice maker is designed to automatically dispense ice until it senses that the bin is full. So the more ice you use, the more it makes.
To turn your ice maker on, press the button. The light above the ‘Ice On/Off’ icon will be illuminated when the ice maker is on.
Turning ice maker on
Before using your automatic ice maker, the water filter must be installed and flushed to remove any impurities or trapped air in the filter system. Refer to ‘Before you start using the Ice & Water or Automatic Ice function’ for details.
Turn your ice maker off if:
- There is no water supply for several hours.
- You are removing the ice storage bin for a period of time.
- You are going on holiday/vacation.
Information about Your Ice Maker
- Your automatic ice maker will produce approximately eight cubes of ice every 3 – 4 hours, depending on the freezer compartment temperature and the number of door openings.
- When the ‘Ice Boost’ function is activated, ice production will increase up to 30% from standard ice making.
- The ice cube tray will fill with water.
- When cubes are frozen, they will be ejected from the ice tray into the ice storage bin.
- Ice making will continue until the storage bin is full.
- Ice making will resume once you start to use the stored ice.
- Your Ice & Water product comes with a smaller ice bin inside the larger freezer bin. Attached to the ice storage bin is the hygienic scoop for the ice. This scoop provides hygienic access to the ice.
- If a large amount of ice is required, remove an ice storage bin and allow ice to fall into the larger bin.
- For maximum ice storage, level the stored cubes with the ice scoop.
- If ice is not used often, old cubes will become cloudy, taste stale, will shrink and may stick together. Empty the ice storage bin periodically and wash in lukewarm water. Dry thoroughly and place back into the correct position.