- In the unlikely event a fault occurs, 4 rapid beeps will be heard and the fault will be displayed on the control panel.
- Record the fault code displayed on the control panel and contact a Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician in order to repair the fault. You can do this by going online to fisherpaykel.com or by contacting our Customer Care Centre.
Normal Appliance Sounds
Integrated Columns has been designed to have excellent energy ratings and cooling performance. As a result, it can produce sounds somewhat different to your old appliance.
Normal Operational Sounds Include:
- Low frequency ticking sound. This is the valve that controls cooling to each compartment. This noise will only last for a few seconds at a time.
- Fan air flow sound. Integrated Columns has fans which change speed depending on demand. During cooling periods, such as after frequent door openings, fans circulate the cold air in the appliance producing some air flow sound. This is quite normal.
- Cracking or popping sounds. This may occur when the automatic defrost function is operating.
- Running water sound. This is the liquid refrigerant in the system and can be heard as a boiling or gurgling noise.
- An audible hissing sound after closing the freezer door. This is due to the pressure difference between the warm air that has entered the cabinet and suddenly cooled, and the outside air pressure.
- Humming sounds. This is the compressor running and is quite normal.
- Ice maker sounds:
- Motor operation (low humming).
- Running water as the ice maker and/or water tank fills.
- Water valve opening and closing (hissing sound).
- Ice being loosened from the ice moulding tray (cracking).
- Ice dropping into bin (clunking).
- Other sounds may be heard for the following reasons:
- Floor uneven or weak.
- Bottles or jars rattling on shelves.