Please follow the installation steps below to ensure your appliance operates correctly.
- The appliance must be installed so the plug is accessible.
- To ensure that the appliance is not accidentally switched off, connect your chest freezer to its own power point. Do not plug in any other appliance at this power point or use extension cords and double adaptors, as the combined weight of both power cords can pull the double adaptor from a wall outlet socket.
- For power requirements, refer to the information on the serial plate located externally on the back of the appliance.
- It is essential that the appliance is properly grounded (earthed).
- Your appliance should not be located in direct sunlight or next to any heat generating appliance such as a cooktop, oven or dishwasher.
- Your appliance is designed for freestanding installation only. It should not be recessed or integrated.
- Ensure flooring is strong enough to support the product fully loaded.
- Ensure flooring is level.
- Plug the appliance into the power point and switch on.
- Push the appliance into its final position making sure there is the correct air gap between the product and any surrounding cabinetry or walls. See minimum clearance in cabinetry dimensions table.
- Check if the product is rocking or unstable. If unstable;
- Measure the gap under the side that has come off the floor.
- Obtain some solid packaging material (hardwood, plastic, etc) which fits firmly into the gap.
Do not use metallic materials that may corrode, stain and/or damage floor coverings.
- Pull the product out of position.
- Place the packaging material in the location diagonally opposite the side that lifts off the floor.
- Make sure the packaging material stays in place when the product is pushed back into position.
- Push the product back into position checking alignment and lid closing action are satisfactory.
- Check that the product is stable. If not, repeat 3D and 3E.
When moving the chest freezer never tilt it on an angle more than 45°. This could damage the compressor and sealed system.
Product and cabinetry dimensions (by model)
PRODUCT DIMENSIONS (mm)
MINIMUM CLEARANCES (mm)
Top clearance (when lid open)
Before placing food in the freezer compartment
- Remove all external and internal packaging.
- Clean the inside of the appliance with a mix of warm water and a small amount of liquid detergent, and a soft cloth to remove manufacturing and transportation dust.
- Allow the freezer to run empty for 2 – 3 hours to allow the compartment to cool to the appropriate temperature.
- The appliance may have an odour on its initial operation, but this will go when the freezer has cooled sufficiently.
- For the most energy efficient use of your appliance:
- Ensure your appliance has adequate ventilation.
- Do not cover your appliance with any material that will prevent air from flowing around the cabinet sides.
- Ensure you vacuum around the appliance to remove dust and possible pet hair accumulation. Keep the appliance and its cabinetry free of dust by wiping down with a dry, lint-free cloth (refer to the ‘Chest freezer cleaning and care instructions’ section).
- Cool hot foods down before placing them in the appliance.
- Do not overfill the compartment.
- Keep lid openings to a minimum.
- Select a temperature setting that isn’t too cold.
- Check your lid seals for leaks.