|Models:||635 mm wide||E331T, E381T, E411T, E415H|
|680 mm wide||E440T|
|790 mm wide||E521T, RF521T|
- When the refrigerator is first turned on, the powerful cooling system will automatically cool both refrigerator and freezer compartments to their set temperatures. This will take between 2 – 3 hours.
- The two compartment temperatures are accurately and independently controlled and do not change with the temperature or humidity of the surroundings; whether summer or winter.
- If you wish to alter the temperature of either the fresh food compartment or freezer compartment, this can be easily done by using the control panel located at the back of the fresh food compartment.
Control panel to adjust temperatures
Fig.4 Control panel
Fresh food compartment
- The fresh food compartment light on the refrigerator diagram will be showing. The temperature indicator illustrated by a thermometer will show the temperature setting for this compartment as a series of lights.
- The temperature may be altered by pressing the or buttons. One press on either of these buttons will produce a dimmer light which indicates a small change in temperature.
- Pressing either button twice gives a brighter light and indicates a greater change in temperature.
- Fewer lights on the thermometer means a cooler temperature for the compartment selected.
Freezer food compartment
- To adjust the freezer temperature press the button until the light flashes on the freezer compartment indicator.
- The freezer temperature can be altered by pressing the or buttons.
- One press on either of these buttons will produce a dimmer light which indicates a small change in temperature. Pressing either button twice gives a brighter light and indicates a greater change in temperature.
Successively pressing the button will automatically scroll between the compartments, a return to the fresh food compartment will be accompanied by a longer beep.
- When the door is re-opened the control panel will return automatically to the fresh food compartment setting.
- To activate Sabbath mode, open both the fresh food and freezer compartment doors and then hold the button on the temperature control panel for 10 seconds.
- Both the fresh food and freezer compartment indicators will be illuminated indicating the refrigerator is in Sabbath mode.
When the product is in Sabbath mode:
- The fresh food and freezer compartment indicator lights will be illuminated.
- The light will not operate when the door is opened.
- The door alarm will not operate.
- The display will not function except to indicate Sabbath mode is active as stated above.
- Opening the door will not affect the compressor or fans.
- If the power to the refrigerator is turned off whilst in this mode, the product will continue in Sabbath mode when the power is restored.
- Sabbath mode will automatically de-activate 80 hours after activation.
- To de-activate earlier than 80 hours hold the button on the temperature control panel for 10 seconds.
Normal refrigerator sounds
ActiveSmart™ refrigerators, with their excellent energy ratings and cooling performance, can produce sounds somewhat different to your old refrigerator.
Normal operational sounds include:
- Fan air flow sound. ActiveSmart™ refrigerators have fans which change speed depending on demand. During cooling periods, such as after frequent door openings, fans circulate the cold air in the refrigerator and freezer compartments producing some air flow sound. This is quite normal.
- Cracking or popping which may sound like ice coming off the evaporator. This occurs when the defrost function is operating.
- Running water sound. This is the liquid refrigerant in the system and can be heard as a boiling or gurgling noise.
- An audible hissing sound after closing the freezer door. This is due to the pressure difference between the warm air that has entered the cabinet and suddenly cooled, and the outside air pressure.
- Other strange sounds may be heard for the following reasons:
- Cabinet not level
- Floor uneven or weak
- Bottles or jars rattling on shelves