Control panel shows all icons and options available on the control panel where in fact icons and options will only be visible when they have been selected or interacted with.
- Power Off/On
Press to turn the appliance off or on.
- To turn the refrigerator off hold the button for 3 seconds, the control panel will not function.
- To turn the refrigerator on hold the button for 3 seconds, the control panel will function as normal.
- Compartment select button
Press this button to scroll through the refrigerator, variable-temperature drawer and freezer compartments. The Compartment icon () will illuminate each of the compartments successively with each press of the button ().
- Temperature select button
Press this button to scroll through the temperatures available for each of the compartments. The Temperature display () will show each of the available temperatures successively with each press of the button ().
- Menu select button
Press this button to scroll through the special functions: Fast Freeze , Max Cool , Holiday Mode and Fridge Off . Each of the special functions icons () will illuminate with each press of the button ().
Setting/changing the temperature of a compartment
Press the ‘Compartment’ select button to scroll through the compartments indicated on the compartment icon. Stop when the compartment you wish to set is illuminated eg the refrigerator compartment.
Selecting the refrigerator compartment
Press the ‘Temperature’ select button to scroll through the available temperatures for that compartment. Stop when your desired temperature is displayed eg 3°C.
Setting the refrigerator compartment temperature
- The selected temperature and compartment will flash and then the temperature display will revert back to the actual measured temperature.
Available refrigerator compartment temperatures:
2°C, 3°C, 4°C, 5°C, 6°C, 7°C, 8°C
Available variable-temperature drawer temperatures:
-5°C, -4°C, -3°C, -2°C, -1°C, 0°C, 1°C, 2°C, 3°C
Available freezer compartment temperatures:
-24°C, -23°C, -22°C, -21°C, -20°C, -19°C, -18°C, -17°C, -16°C, -15°C
Setting a special function
This function helps you get the best possible results when freezing fresh food. ‘Fast Freeze’ boosts the freezing speed by dropping the freezer compartment to a colder temperature for a preset time to ensure freshness, texture and taste are retained during the freezing process.
To activate and deactivate ‘Fast Freeze’ :
Activating and deactivating ‘Fast Freeze’
For best results we recommend that you activate this function before it is required.
Having the refrigerator door open for long periods of time or loading the refrigerator full of warm food (such as after a trip to the supermarket) will raise the temperature of the compartment. ‘Max Cool’ boosts the cooling power by dropping the refrigerator to a colder temperature for a preset time, thereby ensuring vital nutrients, freshness, texture and taste are retained.
To activate and deactivate ‘Max Cool’ :
Activating and deactivating ‘Max Cool’
For best results we recommend that you activate this function approximately 2 hours before it is required. Alternatively activate this function when placing a load of fresh food into the refrigerator compartment.
This function allows your refrigerator to run at an efficient state to save you energy when you are away. Be sure to remove any perishable food items or items close to their expiry dates before activating the ‘Holiday Mode’.
To activate and deactivate ‘Holiday Mode’:
Activating and deactivating ‘Holiday Mode’
This function turns the refrigerator compartment and variable-temperature drawer off while the freezer compartment operates as normal. Be sure to remove all items from the refrigerator and variable-temperature drawers before activating ‘Fridge Off’.
To activate and deactivate ‘Fridge Off’ :
Activating and deactivating ‘Fridge Off’
The ‘POWER’ button is not equivalent to turning off the power at the wall.
For cleaning and maintenance, the appliance must be disconnected from the power supply at the wall socket.
The display screen will remain illuminated while the refrigerator door is open.
Power failure memory function
The fridge will keep its original settings when power is restored after a power failure. Additionally it will automatically recall and reset the process of quick cooling in the refrigerator, variable temperature drawer and freezer compartments.
Using your refrigerator
- When switched on, the refrigerator will take several hours to cool.
- You can start to store food in it 2 – 3 hours after it has been turned on.
- The refrigerator and variable-temperature drawer compartment temperatures will automatically default to settings suitable for the storage of fresh food items and the freezer compartment will default to a setting suitable for frozen food items. To change these settings refer to ‘Operating instructions’ section.
- After placing food in the refrigerator, leave it to stabilise for 24 hours. After this time you may wish to alter the temperature.
Loading the refrigerator with food
- Do not store too much food in the freezer. It is recommended not to exceed the load line of the drawers.
- The total weight of the food per shelf should not exceed 24kg in the fridge compartment.
If the refrigerator door has been left open for more then 60 seconds, an alarm will sound to alert the user to close the door.