CoolDrawer with its excellent energy ratings and cooling performance, can produce sounds that may be different to your old refrigerator.
Normal operational sounds include:
- Fan, airflow sound. The CoolDrawer has a fan which circulates air around the compartment to provide cooling. This produces some air flow sound. This is quite normal.
The CoolDrawer also has a condenser fan to discharge heat through the condenser. This also produces some airflow sound. This is normal.
- Cracking or popping which may sound like ice breaking or falling. This occurs when the defrost function is operating.
- Running water sound. This is the liquid refrigerant in the system, and can be heard as a boiling or gurgling noise.
- An audible hissing sound after closing the drawer. This is due to the pressure difference between the warm air that has entered the cabinet and suddenly cooled, and the outside air pressure.
- A humming sound. This is normal as the motor operates for long periods of time. This appliance uses an energy efficient, variable speed compressor that saves energy by running for long periods of time on a low speed. This is more energy efficient than the conventional on/off method.
- Other sounds may be heard for the following reasons: – Floor or cabinetry uneven or weak.
- Bottles or jars rattling.
- Appliance not installed correctly.