The Fridge mode is the ideal storage environment for most fresh foods.
When storing fresh fruits and vegetables, we recommend that they are stored in either the bin on the top tray or the bin on the left-hand side of the main tray. Both of these bins are humidity controlled. This will help to preserve the quality of the fruits and vegetables, therefore increasing their storage life.
- If possible, separate fruit and vegetables for optimum storage life.
- Ensure all food is well wrapped (except for fruit and vegetables stored in the vegetable bins), covered or placed in a container before it is stored.
|To use Fridge mode:|
Fruit and vegetable Humidity Control System (HCS)
Humidity control cover
The vegetable bins feature a unique hidden cover which provides two functions:
- The humidity cover seals the bins and provides a humid micro climate to extend storage times of fruits and vegetables.
- The humidity cover prevents condensation, which forms at high humidity, from dripping down onto the fruit and vegetables by retaining the moisture droplets in the lid. The ability to maintain high humidity in the fruit and vegetable bins may produce small amounts of water in the bottom of the fruit and vegetable bins. This can be wiped out as necessary.
Fig 3. Humidity control buttons
- Each fruit and vegetable bin has a humidity control button that can be adjusted to care for fruit or vegetables depending on what is stored in the bins. The humidity controls are located on the left hand side of the compartment (as shown in fig 3, on the previous page).
- If possible, try to store fruit and vegetables separately. This will help to extend their storage life.
- If there is too much water in the bins, the control can be adjusted to the FRUIT setting.
Remember a small amount of water in the bins is beneficial for fruit and vegetable storage. The vegetable screens, in the bottom of the bins, will ensure that fresh produce is held above any moisture in the bottom of the bins to retain optimum freshness.
|To adjust the humidity setting:|
|The picture on the top of the humidity control button will show the current setting. To change the setting, simply push the adjustment button.|
|Suitable for:||Suitable for:|
Salad greens (high humidity)
Fruit with skin/ peel (reduced humidity)
For a more detailed list please refer to 'Which storage mode should I use?'.