Moving and storing your appliance
If your refrigerator is turned off for any reason, wait 10 minutes before turning it back on. This will allow the refrigeration system pressures to equalise before restarting.
Moving your appliance
- Turn off the appliance at the isolating switch and unplug from the power point. Remove all food.
- Refer to the installation instructions to free the refrigerator from its surrounds. Ease the appliance out of its position and tuck the power cord away.
- If applicable, tape the shelves in place and tape the doors closed. If the cabinet needs to be placed on an angle or laid down, carefully lay it on its side (the right-hand side when viewed from the front).
- Relocate and install. If the appliance has been left on its side for any length of time, leave it standing upright as long as possible (at least a few hours) before turning it on.
Storing your appliance
- When storing your cleaned appliance, leave the door(s) open. This allows air to circulate and prevents the build up of bacteria and moulds.
- Before using again, clean well using a mixture of warm water and baking soda (add 1 tsp of baking soda to each 500 ml of water). Rinse with clean water.
We recommend you leave your refrigerator operating while you are on holiday. Remove all perishable food.
for Ice & water models
- Turn the ice maker off on the control panel.
- Shut off the water supply to the refrigerator.
- On your return, turn on the water supply to the refrigerator.
- Dispense 4 litres of water and discard to ensure the water tank is refilled with fresh water.
- Turn on the ice maker.
- Discard the first 3 harvests of ice.